I probably won't be around the machine again for almost a week due to the holidays.
Thanks for letting me know. Have a great holiday.
Please perform the following step.
Step#1 - Malwarebytes (Quarantine)
Let's run Malwarebytes again but this time once it shows everything that is detected, ensure every item is checked and click the Quarantine All button. I'll repeat the instructions below to make it easier.
- Double-click the Malwarebytes shortcut on your desktop to open the program. If an update is found you will be prompted to download and install. Go ahead.
- Click the Settings button and then the Detection and Protection tab. Then check the box to Scan for rootkits. as shown below.
- Click the Scan button at the top of the form and then click Scan Now.
- Once the items are detected please click the Quarantine All button.
Step#2 - FRST Fix
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
1. Download attached file and save it to the Desktop. fixlist.txt 267bytes 28 downloads
Note. It's important that both files, FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work (in this case...the desktop).
2. Run FRST64 by Right-Clicking on the file and choosing Run as administrator.
3. Press the Fix button just once and wait. If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
4. When finished FRST64 will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post the contents of it in your reply.
Step#3 - Security Check
1. Download Security Check from here or here or here.
2. Save it to your Desktop.
3. Right-click SecurityCheck.exe and select Run as administrator. Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
4. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: Don't be alarmed if the process runs for 10 to 15 minutes before completing. If it runs for over 30 minutes, just close the program and try running it again.
NOTE: If SecurityCheck aborts and you get the following message: UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! try rebooting the system and then run SecurityCheck again.
Items for your next post
1. FRST Fix
2. Security Check log