Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 8 Laptop neverending pop ups [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts
I probably won't be around the machine again for almost a week due to the holidays.

Thanks for letting me know. Have a great holiday.

Please perform the following step.

Step#1 - Malwarebytes (Quarantine)

Let's run Malwarebytes again but this time once it shows everything that is detected, ensure every item is checked and click the Quarantine All button. I'll repeat the instructions below to make it easier.

1. Double-click the Malwarebytes shortcut on your desktop to open the program. If an update is found you will be prompted to download and install. Go ahead.
  2. Click the Settings button and then the Detection and Protection tab. Then check the box to Scan for rootkits. as shown below.
  3. RootKitCheckBox.JPG
  4. Click the Scan button at the top of the form and then click Scan Now.
    2.JPG
  5. Once the items are detected please click the Quarantine All button.

Step#2 - FRST Fix

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
1. Download attached file and save it to the Desktop. Attached File  fixlist.txt   267bytes   85 downloads
Note. It's important that both files, FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work (in this case...the desktop).
2. Run FRST64 by Right-Clicking on the file and choosing Run as administrator.
3. Press the Fix button just once and wait. If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
4. When finished FRST64 will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post the contents of it in your reply.

Step#3 - Security Check

1. Download Security Check from here or here or here.
2. Save it to your Desktop.
3. Right-click SecurityCheck.exe and select Run as administrator. Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
4. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: Don't be alarmed if the process runs for 10 to 15 minutes before completing. If it runs for over 30 minutes, just close the program and try running it again.

NOTE: If SecurityCheck aborts and you get the following message: UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! try rebooting the system and then run SecurityCheck again.

Items for your next post

1. FRST Fix

2. Security Check log

Advertisements

taureanblack

taureanblack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Brain FYI

I'm going to my co worker to run at least the first step tonight. We have been dealing with an unusual work load after the holiday. 

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

OK, thanks.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.