Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp Laptop cant conect to wifi and speakers audio comes and goes

• Please log in to reply

x_LUIS_X

x_LUIS_X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I having trouble to uninstall Webroot I used the tool of the webroot website  to uninstall the app but no luck it doesn't show in the control panel remove apps

the fix didn't fix the wifi problem, the sound problem appear to be fix I restarted a few times and its working now

about the webroot I used AppRemover but it didn't see it in the system any Ideas to uninstalled..

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

As the audio is now working I suggest that you create a new restore point 

1. Click the Start orb, find Computer (or My Computer) in the Start Menu, right-click with your mouse and select Properties.

rp1.jpg

2. On the left side, click on the System protection option to open the System Properties window, with the System Protection tab selected near the bottom on the System Protection tab, click the Create button.

rp2.jpg

3. In the new window enter a description for the restore point in the text field and click the Create button. It's a good idea to describe what you are planning on doing to the computer after the restore point has been created. For example, we're creating a restore point called "installed Microsoft Office" with the intentions of installing Office after the restore point has been created.

rp3.jpg

The restore point will be created and available to rollback to if ever needed.

To see if you can clear the Webroot traces you can use CCleaner (free) from here, under no circumstances should you use the registry cleaning tool as it has the potential to hose the OS when incorrectly used.

x_LUIS_X

x_LUIS_X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Hey phill never mind the audio fix no good is still no audio device installed :no:

and Ccleaner didnt see the webroot every time a restart the laptop i turn off the webroot

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

The audio coming and going as it is really does suggest a hardware as opposed to a software/driver issue.

Try a hard reset of the system by removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes or more and then replace it, see page 56 here for "how to"

Please make sure that the wireless device is shown as being switched on when you do this (LED is lit up etc) and that on first boot you reset the time and date.

Alternative method for removing Webroot here

Colleague Naathim kindly provided a link that contained the above Webroot information and has also provided further tech suggestions which can be provided once you have updated your thread.

Edited by phillpower2, 13 November 2014 - 06:07 AM.
Additional information added.

x_LUIS_X

x_LUIS_X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Hello Phill I did the hard reset. and still no network detected on wifi..

and that's the tool I used before to try to uninstall webroot and nothing I search the website to find a way to uninstall

and I found it a way and now its gone..

but the wifi and sound device not working :no:

Edited by x_LUIS_X, 14 November 2014 - 04:40 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Luis,

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to:  http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/default.asp

Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop information  :thumbsup:

NB: An example of the url that we require and the information that it leads to http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25271813

x_LUIS_X

x_LUIS_X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

hi Phill here is the link  http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25711297

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Luis,

The test results show that you do not have any Realtek audio drivers installed only generic Microsoft ones and the Broadcom wireless drivers HP release date does not correspond to that which you have installed meaning that they could be the wrong drivers for the device.

Presently installed wireless drivers dated 10/22/08 version 5.10.38.26 while HPs are dated 2008-05-08 and version 7.00 C.

Create a new folder on the desktop called HP drivers, download the wireless + audio drivers and save them to the folder, uninstall the present wireless drivers, restart the notebook in Safe Mode, install the new wireless drivers, restart as normal and test. 

Next, restart the notebook in Safe Mode, install the Realtek audio drivers, restart as normal, test and then post back with an update for us.

Audio drivers here

Wireless drivers here

x_LUIS_X

x_LUIS_X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Hello Phill those are the first Drivers I installed trying to fix the problem  but no luck now i did it in safe mode but nothing.

with this drivers for the speakers it says

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

and the wifi its up to date but no conection

here another pitstop scan

http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25711297

Edited by x_LUIS_X, 15 November 2014 - 08:39 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Pitstop shows that there is no audio device detected/installed and this is borne out by the " This device cannot start. (Code 10) " message, this suggests a hardware as opposed to a software issue

Run DriverMax to see if any driver updates are suggested.

Please note that you are only allowed to download two drivers a day for free and be sure to uncheck the “install AVG toolbar” option box.

Remember to always create a new restore point before updating any drivers.

Can you post a screenshot of the Network and Sharing Centre;

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Advertisements

x_LUIS_X

x_LUIS_X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

yes thats what happens some times it shows that its no audio device installed and I restart and it works.

I downloaded the Drivemax and  it needs to update 13 drivers one of them was the BROADCOM and i updated that one

and restarted but no change 

ill post the pics of network and sharing and devicemanager and drivemaxnetworkandsharing.jpg devicemanager.jpg Drivermax.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Looks like there is a problem with Windows itself, this may be nothing to do with the other two issues but I suggest that you address it first, if the Windows issue cannot be repaired a fresh install will be required.

Download then run Windows Repair (All In One) from here

Please note that you should disregard the malware removal step as that is a job for the trained GTG security staff.

Have your Vista ISO to hand in case you are asked to insert it into the drive tray.

Clean boot the computer before doing the repairs, see below;

Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility. ...
Click the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.

x_LUIS_X

x_LUIS_X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Hello Phill sorry for the absence I ran the windows repair and it keep poping this window like 8 times  (pic below) I had to press ok so it continued with the repair

and when it finished it restarted but nothing changed no audio device and no network detected

20141119_001744_Night.jpg

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi, till Phill gets back to you, I have checked back and as yet there hasn't been a system file check run. At the stage you are at with the report from the Windows Repair, there is something missing that it can't find.

To run a system file check, click start, then type in the search box cmd.exe.

a very small black square icon and cmd.exe should appear at the top, you must right click on it then click "Run as administrator"

The window should be a black background with white writing, just type in sfc /scannow

Please note there is a space between sfc and the /

It will then run a system file check, it does take some time so be patient, please let us know what it finds.

If it does say anything on the lines of that it can not repair some files, do it again and again for at least four times as it can sometimes repair files at the second or third attempt.

Nev.

x_LUIS_X

x_LUIS_X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Hello Nev and thank you for your help

i ran the system file check and it found corrupt files that cannot fix  i ran it 5 times

with no luck

systemcheck.jpg