Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dang MB upgradin ._.

• Please log in to reply

Zaros

Zaros

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well, last week i had that fan problem and yes that was what was wrong so thx for the help there :tazz: really appriciate it.

but now theres another probem ;)

When i start up my PC posts will run thru BIOS without any trouble at all (Mother Borad upgrade has went thru all ok now and BIOS settings are set), but when it comes to Windows (I have XP Home) it will ask the following:

Start up in:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Run with last used Windows settings
or
Start Windows normally

Now if i try running last settings or normally option's, it loads and then stops (either freeze's or locks up whatever you want to call it, but it stops working), then im having to restart my PC. Tried this a few times with and without my Window's CD in my CD Drive. Still a no go on all accounts...

With the Safe Modes its a simmilar problem, it starts to locate and read/locate the Driver files, but when it gets to a files call'd "agp440.sys" it locks up all over again. My old MB didnt have a AGP slot and my new one does. If i could get into windows at all to install my new Drivers/Hardwear things should be fine... but if i cant even boot into Safe Mode... im dead in the water...

any sugestions? ;)

fyi: the new MB is a (incase anyone knows and needs this)

Mach Speed Venom V2DP Via Socket A ATX Motherboard

Chipset: VIA KM266 Pro/VIA VT8235

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

If you just installed you old hdd on the new mobo, you are going to have to boot using the XP cd and run the "repair" option..

The reason being, nothing in Windows will recognize the new mobo settings or hardware until you do !!

Murray

Zaros

Zaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

If you just installed you old hdd on the new mobo, you are going to have to boot using the XP cd and run the "repair" option..

ya... thing is i cant get it to boot proparly... there anyway i can make a XP boot disk via a floppy? cuz when i just install the CD it still goes nowhere

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
You have to boot into BIOS (setup) and make sure the first boot device is set for the cd-rom.. Save that change, put your XP cd in and reboot..

Are you using an original XP cd or one you or someone made for you (setup will be different)..

Murray

Zaros

Zaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
XP Home, original

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

You have to boot into BIOS (setup) and make sure the first boot device is set for the cd-rom..  Save that change, put your XP cd in and reboot..

Murray

View Post

Follow those instructions..

Murray

Zaros

Zaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
oks thx, ill give it a shot :tazz:

and thxs for putting up with me, i can see ya get alot of help requests on ya forums

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
That they do !! :tazz:

Let me know how it goes..

Murray