Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Bootable Device Detected

hdd No Bootable Device Detected Windows 7 Hard Drive Error

• Please log in to reply

lilsky07

lilsky07

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have had this problem before in the past and I stuck my tower in my closet until I had time to fix it.  I just pulled it out 2 days ago and it was running fine before this happened. Today my computer was working just fine.  Then, while watching a movie, it just froze.  I could not hit ctr-alt-delete or anything.  So I decided to wait and the hard reset it.  Upon rebooting the computer I received the error "No Bootable Device Detected"  

I understand this is an issue with the Hard Drive.  I have checked all connections several times and they appear to be just fine.  I reset BIOS settings to default.  I have tried restarting the computer several times and still the HDD is undetectable.  I'm not sure if the HDD is dead, seeing as how it has shown to boot every now and then and run fine for a short time.  Please help me!  Thank you so so much in advance.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   lilsky07,

Before we suggest anything can I ask if there is data on the drive that you would like to back up if at all possible.

Does the hard drive activity LED blink at all when you turn on the computer.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

It's been a while since we heard from you.   You did not respond to questions asked.   Do you still need help?

An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.