Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus Screen is grey with lines (Resolved).

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

You are most welcome and me too  ;)

Advertisements

azul20

azul20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

The Esc isn't doing the trick. Strange. 

azul20

azul20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Actually, when I press Fn+F8, I am now brought to a page saying that Windows was unable to start. It also says that I need to insert my installation disk to repair windows, and that the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Unfortunately, I do not have the installation disk. When I purchased this laptop from the store, Windows 7 was already on it and I was only provided with a product key. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

You can download a legitimate Windows 7 ISO and either burn it to disk or to a USB thumbdrive, use the MS download tool to make the ISO bootable, details below;

Windows 7 ISO available to download from the link at reply #27 here

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool here

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

azul20

azul20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Thank you very much phillpower2. I will look into this, and I will post back here within a few days. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

You are most welcome azul20  :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

azul20

We have not heard back from you, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, please update your topic and not leave it hanging.

azul20

azul20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Thank you Phillpower. The Windows 7 link worked, and did the trick. However, I experienced some problems with the Download Tool. In case anyone reads this thread in the future, I used Rufus to  copy the image on to a flash drive, and that got the job done.

Thank you again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

That is good news azul20, thanks for getting back to us and for including the Rufus tip so that it may help others  :thumbsup: