OK, we need to do several things in a certain order. If you don't understand what you should do, stop and ask.
It's also important to not restarts computer between steps 1-3.
Click Start > Search for regedit > right click on regedit.exe > select Run as Administrator
Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and look for a subkey called COMPONENTS
If you find it, jump to part one of the fix. If you do not find it, you must make it appear:
Single click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
go to the File Menu > Load Hive... > navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config > select the COMPONENTS file (the one without a file extension - i.e. NOT COMPONENTS.log or similar, just COMPONENTS >
Click Open > Give it a key name of COMPONENTS > OK. (This is very important to load file under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE as COMPONENTS )
Backup the registry:
- Please download, install and run ERUNT - The Emergency Recovery Utility
- Click OK in Welcome! screen.
- ERUNT will starts backup, I'm suggesting to keep defaults sets and click OK!
- When prompted, click YES to create a new folder.
- Wait for the end of backuping process. Click OK! when popup shows.
Please ensure that you have backup of your registry!
Please copy following script:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
Open notepad, paste and save as Fix.reg to your desktop. Please run it (double click on Fix.reg) and confirm the communicate. When done, restart your computer.
Run System Update Readiness tool again and post me log.