Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad quality images

image problems grainy pictures google images bad quality images

• Please log in to reply

LunaShae

LunaShae

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Please Help Me!

Hi,

I recently bought a new 17" Lenovo laptop (windows 8.1) and from the first day I started using it I noticed that when I search google images and click on something to make it bigger it doesn't seem to focus on the image properly and therefore the image is made bigger but it's extremely bad quality/grainy looking/out of focus/pixilated.

This only seems to be an issue when I use Internet explorer, it focuses on the image correctly when I use Firefox.

It has always bothered me but recently I've started creating a website on wix and I've uploaded some pictures from google that I want to use but when I upload them using Internet Explorer or Firefox the quality is extremely pixilated! Now I know sometimes picture quality can change and if you take a really small picture and try to use it on a large space it will go grainy BUT I'm taking any and every picture and simply using it on like profile picture size boxes, the smallest ones possible and it's still horrible; like I said before it's like it's not altering the quality of the image like it should (I've never had this problem on my old laptop).

I have even tried using wallpaper images I like (thinking they are meant to be used on big spaces) and used them in small spaces instead but it's still terribly pixilated.

Please let me know what the issue is and how I can make this problem go away.

I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks

~Luna~

Edited by LunaShae, 11 November 2014 - 10:14 AM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Hi LunaShae,

This might be due to either settings in IE compared to Firefox. Firefox renders images differently then IE does.

Is your monitor through video card settings, set to native resolution. Either check by right click desktop select your video card setting look for resolution or go to control panel select Display, select at right Adjust resolution if correct should usually say in quotes ( recommended) next to the resolution. Try looking here first try step 4 

http://www.ehow.com/...t-explorer.html  Then the last step of seeing if there is a update to your Video card drivers. Need help with that let me know.