System File check came up with no violations
Little Old Lady PC, Need Help Helping
Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:58 PM
Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:20 AM
Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:06 AM
How is the system running? Any issues to deal with?
You may wish to try StartupLite. Simply download this tool to your desktop and run it. It will explain any optional auto-start programs on your system, and offer the option to stop these programs from starting at startup. This will result in fewer programs running when you boot your system, and should improve performance.
Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:56 PM
Ok sorry, real life caught up with me.
I looked at StartupLite.
I am going to start cleaning up the PC and get the box back to the little ole lady.
Thank you very much Donna, and geeekstogo.
Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:03 PM
Not to worry about the delay. I know all about real life! It was a pleasure helping you.
Let's remove the tools from the computer and I have a couple programs that might be of interest concerning prevention.
Let's remove the tools used:
Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
- Run the tool by right click on the icon and Run as administrator option.
- Make sure that these ones are checked:
- Remove disinfection tools
- Purge system restore
- Reset system settings
- Push Run.
- The program will run for a few seconds and display a notepad report.
Paste it for my review.
Here's a couple of programs that might help the nice elderly lady to stay clean:
- WOT, (Web of Trust), warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory.
- WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:
- Green to go
- Yellow for caution
- Red to stop
WOT has an addon available for Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera
CryptoPrevent install this program to lock down and prevent crypto ransome ware
Click on the link above to be taken to Unchecky.com
click the very large Download button.
Click Open folder
Right click on the Unchecky_setup and choose to Run as Administrator
Once open click the Install button.
Then click on Finish
Unchecky is now installed and will help you keep unwanted check boxes unchecked, this is a fire and forget program
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide Best security practices
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trojans, PUPS, POWERLIKS, ReDirects, Multiple Chrome Instances, Powerliks, Rogues, PUPs, Bogus Chrome Instances
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users