Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Modem reboots

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

I have a Motorola SB5101 modem that for the last several days intermittently reboots. When it gets to the online light, that keeps blinking for about 30 seconds, then the rebooting starts all over again. Usually it will reboot fully on the second attempt, but once I had to reset it manually. I called my ISP and they reset it, but the problem keeps happening. I ran a modem diagnostic, but don't know what the results mean. Attached are screen shots of the signal and a log report from yesterday.

Is this more likely a problem with the modem or my ISP?

Attached Thumbnails

• modem signal.jpg
  • modem log.jpg

Advertisements

Joe-King

Joe-King

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

I would say This would be a problem with your Modem, Ask your ISP to send/bring you a new Modem. Even if it's new it can still have defects.

It is your ISP's responsibility to keep you happy and in working condition.

If it was me i would say i am not paying for something that im not getting.