Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

websearches.com as startpage, slow bootup, slow pc [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

i contacted microsoft, after I tried you last steps , I tried their last steps, now, MSE is installed succesfully, the updates of MSE are now getting downloaded.

I added translated text so you would understand it ... .

-Start Windows op in de veilige modus ( start SAFE MODE ):
-De veilige modus kunt u starten door herhaaldelijk op de F8 toets te drukken wanneer u de pc aanzet
-Blijf herhaaldelijk op de F8 toets drukken, totdat u in het geavanceerde opstartmenu terechtkomt (dit menu krijgt u nog te zien voor de laadbalk van Windows)
-Kies in het geavanceerde opstartmenu voor veilige modus
-Log in met uw eigen account als hierom gevraagd wordt (login in with own account if asked)

-Open start -> typ regedit en druk op [enter] 

-Open de locatie HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services  

-Verwijder  in de map services indien aanwezig de mappen (lukt het niet om een map te verwijderen, voer dan de stap Machtigingen wijzigen uit op de betreffende map. Deze stap staat onderaan in de e-mail):  ( remove in folder 'services' if present , if not possible to remove, change permissions, see below how to change permissions):

MsMpSvc  (I only had this one and could delete it without changing the permissions.

mpfilter

NisSrv 

Nisdrv

-Open de locatie HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft

-Verwijder indien aanwezig de volgende mappen (Voer wederom Machtigingen wijzigen uit als een map niet te verwijderen is)  (same here, remove the folders if present, and of not possible change the permissions of that/these folder(s))

Microsoft AntimalwareSetup

(I only had this folde and needed to change the permissions, because couldn't not remove it, after permissions were changed, the folder was removed easily.

Microsoft Antimalware

-Start Windows opnieuw op (reboot windows)

-Open start -> computer

-Open de locatie C:\Program Files

-Verwijder indien aanwezig de map Microsoft Security Client  (remove if present the folder Mic security client, I did not had the folder).

-Probeer Security Essentials te installeren (try to install MSE)

http://windows.micro...ntials-download

Machtigingen wijzigen: (HOW to change permissions is explained here)

-Klik de map welke niet te verwijderen is met de rechter muisknop aan en kies machtigingen

-Klik op geavanceerd
-Open het tabblad eigenaar
-Klik op andere gebruikers en groepen
-Typ iedereen en klik op OK
-Vink de optie Eigenaar van onderliggende containers en objecten vervangen aan
-Klik op toepassen en op OK
-Klik op Toevoegen
-Typ iedereen en klik op OK
-Selecteer iedereen in de lijst en vink alles aan bij toestaan
-Klik op Toepassen

-Klik op geavanceerd

-Vink onderaan de optie Machtigingen voor alle onderliggende objecten opnieuw instellen en doorgeven... aan

-Klik op toepassen -> Ja -> OK -> OK

-Probeer de betreffende map te verwijderen

Edited by HaraMo, 18 November 2014 - 02:04 PM.

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Excellent news! If you still intend on using another AV then you can uninstall MSE now.

Is there anything else that you need assistance with?

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Yes, before the login screen appears ( where I need to typ my pasword before windows desktop can load) there is still a black screen for a few seconds (maybe 10 or 15 sec) and this is something that was not there a few weeks of months ago.

I will uninstall MSE, but I wil waite with installing Bitdefender, because it's also a heavy app. I first want to be sure that the black screen disapears.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

In your initial post you mentioned the delay was after the login but here you are saying it is before the log in. Just confirming if it's before or after. Thank you.

Let me know if MSE has successfully uninstalled.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

I'm sorry ,, It's before the login , not after.  MSE is uninstalled successfully. Do I need to run a microsoft fix to remove remnants if they are present?

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Do I need to run a microsoft fix to remove remnants if they are present?

It would be best.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

I know you may have already tried the following steps before coming to us for assistance but much has changed since your original post so if you don't mind I would like to try a clean boot to see if the issue you are describing is still present. This will provide a baseline for us to identify the issue. Please follow the steps below which were taken from a Microsoft article.

Step#1 - Clean Boot

1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.

2440068.png
  2. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)

2440069.png
  3. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    Collapse this imageExpand this image

2440071.png

4. Click OK, and then click Restart.
  5. Does the symptom show itself now?

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

This services select itself back:

mh3n9j.jpg

the status of this service is 'stopped' after the laptop just started,  a time lather it has status ' active'.

Edited by HaraMo, 19 November 2014 - 02:03 PM.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Besides the issue with the FABS service, do you have the delay before logging into your computer?

Also do you use the Magix software?

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Yes, still a delay before login. I contact magix support to asks if the database will be deleted if I uninstall the app, also I asked them to conferm that my licencie is ok, as I lost it and I hope they can give it again. i did find a serial number but I'm not sure if this is the same as a licence number. Once I know what to do, I will uninstall magix and see if the delay stops. I have to waite for an answer for at least 3 working days, so you will  hear from me after I hear from them. ok?

As you see not many services and startups on the system the second service, was first not in the list, but after I started the magix program, it appeared.

3463rr4.jpg

2uety5y.jpg

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Hi HaraMo -

The FABS service was created as a "protected service". This was intentional on the part of Magix. It prevents even an Administrator from disabling the service which is why it gets re-checked like that. We can easily disable the service another way to see if it is causing the delay. Please do the following to disable.

Step#1 - Disable the FABS service

1. Open notepad.
2. Copy and paste the following into the notepad window. Don't include the word Quote at the top.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Fabs]
"Start"=dword:00000004

3. Save the file as Disable.reg and save it to your desktop.
4. Double-click the file. If prompted to Allow say Yes.
5. Ensure you get the following message and answer Yes.
reg.JPG
6. Reboot your machine and see if the delay is gone. The service is disabled at this point.

Step#2 - Enable the FABS service

To re-enable the service, use the same steps as above except copy the following into a notepad window and save as Enable.reg.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Fabs]
"Start"=dword:00000002

Step#3 - Does the Delay happen in Safe Mode?
When you follow the instructions from Microsoft to boot into Safe Mode did the delay happen? I put the instructions below for reference.

-Start Windows op in de veilige modus ( start SAFE MODE ):
-De veilige modus kunt u starten door herhaaldelijk op de F8 toets te drukken wanneer u de pc aanzet
-Blijf herhaaldelijk op de F8 toets drukken, totdat u in het geavanceerde opstartmenu terechtkomt (dit menu krijgt u nog te zien voor de laadbalk van Windows)
-Kies in het geavanceerde opstartmenu voor veilige modus
-Log in met uw eigen account als hierom gevraagd wordt (login in with own account if asked)

Items for your next post
1. Did the delay occur with FABS disabled?
2. Does the delay occur when booting to Safe Mode?

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

sorry, I tried but same black screen for about 20 sec. I will see how it goes with save mode tomorrow.

Edited by HaraMo, 21 November 2014 - 05:19 PM.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Ok, little bit late, I tried the save mode, without internet, same 20 seconds delay black screen with the white arrow.

I took a print screen of the services that were loaded in save mode, can I try to disables these? or will system not boot anymore?

149mxi.jpg

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts
I took a print screen of the services that were loaded in save mode, can I try to disables these? or will system not boot anymore?

Let's not do that. I suspect corruption at this point. Please try the following.

Step#1 - System File Checker

1. Click your Start Orb in the lower left of your computer and type cmd in the search box.
2. Once the cmd program is found, right-click on it with your mouse and select Run as administrator as shown below.
ElevateCommandPrompt.JPG
3. Answer Yes when asked to allow.
4. You should now have a black window open that you can type in to.
5. Type sfc /scannow and hit enter to start the scan. Please notice the space between sfc and /scannow.

6. Once the scan finishes please copy and paste the following into the command prompt window and hit enter.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

7. This will place a new file on your desktop named sfcdetails.txt. Please copy/past the contents of this file into your next post.

Step#2 - ChkDsk Scan
1. Click your Start Orb in the lower left of your computer and type cmd in the search box.
2. Once the cmd program is found, right-click on it with your mouse and select Run as administrator as shown below.
ElevateCommandPrompt.JPG
3. Answer Yes when asked to allow.
4. You should now have a black window open that you can type in to.
5. Please type chkdsk and then press enter.
6. Chkdsk will start to run. Please allow it to finish. You will know it is running when you see text as follows.
Chkdsk.JPG

7. Download ListChkdskResult.exe by SleepyDude and save it on your desktop. If it's already downloaded to your desktop, just skip this step.
8. Right-click this file and select Run as administrator (Allow if prompted) and a text file will open (and also be saved on the desktop as ListChkdskResult.txt).
    Please copy the contents of this file and paste into your next post.

Items for your next post

1. sfcdetails log

2. chkdsik log

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Where do I have to paste findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt ??