Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My opinion on GeekstoGo staff

• Please log in to reply

NullPointerException

NullPointerException

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

What if I told you I have just found the most perfect, hardworking and awesome staff here, at GeekstoGo?

I find the staff very, very, very friendly. Friendlier than most forums on the internet. Although, yes, it has a lot of limitations, I find them rules to be necessary to keep a family-friendly environment.  (Unlike most gaming forums, where most of the times, a thread about TES ends up with people arguing about Fallout and Nexus mod website) And then, most of the things are ran by staff. I find 35% of users  that ask for malware removal assistance to never post again. Then again, it's been not too long since I became active (hardly a week), and my calculations may not be accurate as they will be in the next six months. So, even if most of the members stop being active, GeekstoGo will barely have a scratch in terms of order and maintenance. I find the admins unresponsive sometimes (I sent sari a PM about my application, and sari has not read it yet, as s/he has ignored my PM. Quite hurtful), but nevertheless, they work like a genuine [/size]working staff. I appreciate that. I give them ten out of ten for their overall performance.

I also find them a little forceful sometimes, but nevertheless, I think being forceful to new members is a good attempt to rule out the bad accounts. You'll never know if someone with a name like "GHNJM" is a UNITE member or if he is a bot from EvilDomain.net advertising their latest hot items. But it is also a little unwelcome for authentic new members. Also, I find some staff members very, very polite and wise. For example, emeraldnzl makes very wise (In both deed, and verb) posts. I also find the founder (admin) and sari to make wise posts. Albiet, yes, sari can make impolite replies, I find sari's posts very wise. Sari does excellent job. Admin is a very outstanding founder, and emeraldnzl is a wonderful poster. I find ALL staff's post exceptionally high quality. I bet if they had a penny for every time they helped someone, they will have some of the largest marketshare in this world. Or at least, Europe. I love their high-quality, exceptional posts. Wonderful, and wise, most of their posts are. The rest are, obviously, even more perfect. :)

I LOVE the staff. I cannot think, aside from small improvements such as sometimes impolite behavior from a little of staff members, of an improvement that can improve their already-perfect behavior. They are amazing. I love GeekU teachers as well, from what I can make out from their normal posts, I bet they make exceptionally high-quality posts there as well. 1000/10 for their effort, love and high standard posts. 

But of course, there is a SMALL room of improvement. But overall, this is the best staff I have ever found on a single forum site.

I also find its enormous staff is even more enormous in being wise. For example, a staff said "Learning is what I prefer, if I were on an isolated desert." The quote is so true, that it is going to be my slogan (Well, almost).. It's so amazing what kind of stuff you find when you re-read previously read books such as the Pragmatic Programmer, the C Programming Lanugage, Code Complete, Java in a Nutshell, C# in a Nutshell. I find his excellent wisdom very awing. I wish I could be more wise, if I were a staff member here.

When I speak of GeekU, one of the most important forums over here, I find it extremely excellent, if I view the way how applications are reviewed. Although, yes, it does sometime take a GeekU application to get a response (I think most member will agree with me), and it is a little hurtful if you are denied, I also find excellent that the already-outstanding staff review an application VERY closely (My own application has sixty-and-five views. That is kind of amazing, if you ask me, it is very awesome that my application is being reviewed by amazing staff members.) and do their job with purity. I love the staff, but there is, unfortunately, not much of community (for now, at least).

But of course, not even GtG staff is perfect. I have been a member of this community since September. And even before that, I liked to read this forum (although it has not been too long since I first clicked on this website. Around five months). Although its looks did not leave an XenForo impression on me (IPB intertwined with custom software looks quite weird, but IPB default is very beautiful. But to each, his own, especially when it comes to design. Some prefer light while some dark, many opinions are present and it's quite impossible to impress every person), I still liked it.  Its (sort of) lack of beauty does not go well with its hard-working staff. Its icons are not well-organized, but aesthetic in their own way. In an artistic sense, GeekstoGo looks quite beautiful. But in a general sense, it looks just good, not great or amazing like a few other communities. So, I give an eight, out of ten, for GtG staff for their hardwork. Artistically, yes, it rocks, that is what IPB can do. Very flexible software. And then, I like its default emotions. As a staff member on a few other IPB forums, I find the staff options very convenient. And XenForo is currently half-baked (used to a few months ago, at least), so I find IPB an excellent choice.

I find the staff to be my personal inspiration.

I love it. Awesomesauce. Excellence, perfection. Awing kindness. Helpfulness. No adjective can define them fully. 

Perfection Level-o-Meter : Pink Floyd.

10_perfect.jpg

Advertisements