Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everything is crashing

Windows 7 crashing media players video system

• Please log in to reply

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

hey! 

so a week ago my computer was running fine til i shut it down, and the next my silverligt would crash in a website called "viaplay" Dunno if u have it other places in England so i thought i'd just explain what is it
just a Streaming website like netflix and such. 

so after that i open internet explore ( i run chrome normally ) and msn keeps crashing so if i dont go to google quick IE closes.. well  i thought doesnt matter, since i dont use it.. 
but after that, all my media players stopped working, exept for Vlc.. but the sounds studders after 5 minutes, and it just lags
and every time i try to open "dxdiag" or "system" it says Windows explore have stopped working.. i have Avg and malwarebytes installed.. and havent downloaded anything thta i didnt trust.. 

anyone got any idéas?   xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png 

Thx anyway tho<3

and sorry for any mispells

Advertisements

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

And i have asked this in the application forum too.. but found out it was the wrong forum and cant delete the post so sorry :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:    Deadbythinkin,

We could do with some information about your computer and software that you have running that may explain the behaviour, download then run Speccy and post the url for us, details here

Tip

Do not reply to your own OP or last reply as it may lead to your request for help being overlooked, staff and members who assist on the forums will always check out a topic that has not received any replies to see if they are able to help, if you reply to your own OP it will appear to others viewing the board that you have received a reply and so are already being helped.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

hey! thanks for the reply and for the welcome 

so i hope i did it right http://speccy.pirifo...r3zWg5tLGZ342q8

That should be it

Edited by Deadbythinkin, 17 November 2014 - 09:23 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Speccy link not working unfortunately can you try again please.

You are welcome btw  :)

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

weird 

here it is again http://speccy.piriform.com/results/IVP4qGwoAuTJUSngS8gJqMy 

so i can copy the link into my url bar.. but can't link it to someone and then click it ._.

Edited by Deadbythinkin, 18 November 2014 - 04:06 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Nada, copy paste the url into your next reply.

Please check the link for yourself before posting it  :thumbsup:

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Well its weird, i can send the link to myself and click on it and everything.. but everytime i post it can't find it :o

http://speccy.pirifo...E7aoRUnc0qnRUfR

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Speccy shows that your HDD has problems so I suggest that you back up all important data off it before you do anything else, we need to run diagnostics on the drive which includes a stress test and that can cause a flaky HDD to fail.

From Speccy;

S.M.A.R.T
Warning

Can I ask in which country you live.

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I live in denmark, i dont have anything important on this computer so send me trough all the test you can think of :D 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Run the HDDs diagnostics tool;

Make sure you select the tool that is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287
Depending on the program it'll create a bootable floppy or a bootable DVD/CD.

If the downloaded file is the .iso type use ImgBurn to burn the .iso file to a DVD/CD disk depending on your OS (select "Write image file to disc" option) and make the disk bootable.

RE ImgBurn: please use the custom install and uncheck the attached foistware such as "Install Entrusted Toolbar etc

Aye noticed in Speccy that you were in Denmark but the following from your OP confused me;

Dunno if u have it other places in England

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I was very tired when i wrote this post.. had searched everywhere.. so dunno why i wrote that xD

so, do i have to burn it to a CD? or can i just run it.. have to wait 10 days before i can buy a CD :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

That is a pain in the proverbial however meanwhile we can provide you with some other things to do;

Try the free version of HD Tune from here it is only basic but will provide helpful information.

1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47., and then clicking Computer.

2. Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_41. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will simply report problems but not fix them.

To perform a thorough disk check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the hard disk itself, and it can take much longer to complete.

To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

4. Click Start.

You will need to restart the computer so that the disk is checked on next boot, this because a HDD and files etc  that is/are presently in use cannot be tested.

You will need a DVD disk for your ISO btw.

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

well i got the free trial version^^ only last 15 minutes tho.. but I have no clue what to do with it :o the hd tune pro program btw :D

did the HDD check btw, it removed alot of bad clusters, but nothing changed though :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

HD Tune FAQs here

Bad clusters/sectors on a HDD are a sign that it is time to replace the drive as where you have one bad sector more are guaranteed to follow.