Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everything is crashing

Windows 7 crashing media players video system

• Please log in to reply

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

So replace it like, open the computer and replace it? or a new software :D 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

No software can repair a damaged HDD, it needs to be physically replaced, excuse the tutorial title  How to Install an Internal Hard Drive on Your Computer here

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

okay, thank yo uvery much for your time and help. it means alot to me. Didnt think anyone would write back but than you :D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

You are most welcome and let us know how things are going or if you have any other questions.

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

So, a friend told me i could try to just reinstall windows because i'd really needed my computer.. and it now the computer works perfectly.. does that means it wasnt the HDD, or is my computer gonan do the same, just a matter of time? :o

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Tough call, Windows will only install on a clean/good area of a HDD however keep in mind that it will also ignore bad areas of a HDD.

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Just to back up what Phill has said, please bare in mind, that a previous disk check found bad sectors and did what it could to repair the data on them. The fact that it couldn't means the sectors or area's of the hard drives disks are damaged physically. Even though the hard drive has run up with a new installation of Windows, does not mean it will keep running OK. Whatever it is that caused the damage will continue to do so and you will be back to where you were earlier. I do suggest buying a new hard drive as a just in case and be ready to swap it over for the possibly damaged one. You can clone the system on to the new hard drive so it is then ready to put in as and when the original one does fully lie on its back with its feet in the air.

Edit to add, if you wish to know more about cloning a system to a new and fresh hard drive, please ask.

Nev.

Edited by Plastic Nev, 25 November 2014 - 07:56 PM.