Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email answered spam mail

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Shaloam

Shaloam

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi

Yesterday I noticed that in my sent file was an answer to a spam email I must have received.

We do not remember seeing this spam but somehow my computor send an answer to say it had been read.

it was headed Attention Fund beneficiery.

David Jackson

and his email was [email protected]      I think.

I do not know why my computer sent this reply, and I have run my Norton 360 plus norton eraser and it comes up ok.

I have stopped using the desktop because I do not know what could have happened.

Can you help with any clues or what I should do.

Thank you

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geekstogo!
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

We don't want you to be afraid to use the desktop, You could change your E-Mail Password as a precaution, at worst you may have been added to a spam list. We can take an overall look at things by following the instructions below and posting the log reports asked for.

First

Please download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the OTLicon.jpg to run the program. On Vista/Win7 or 8 right click select Run As Administrator to start the program. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
  • Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Scan All Users checkbox
    and
  • Check the option for All under the Extra Registry section
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files and post them in your topic
  • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened, maximized
  • Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized on task bar.
Please post the contents of both OTL.txt and Extras.txt files in your next reply.

Thanks
Joe :)

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.