Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Laptop ... why can I connect at the library + but not at another l

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

I just bought a brand new Acer Aspire E 17 and want to play World of Tanks on it ...

I can go to the public library, McD's, Burger King and a few other places, but can't connect at my place of work ( ON NEW LAPTOP ) ... I can, however, connect to my place of work on my old HP Pavilion G7 ANYWHERE ...

There is no username or password required at this location ... just a simple connect and agree to their usage terms ( just like at the public library ) and I can surf or game. 

Can someone help me connect my new laptop up to this location please?

dog

Advertisements

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Apparently my network adapter is too new for the router at the location I work ... but not too old for my old laptop's adapter