Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

constant freezing!

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Recently my computer has started to freeze a lot. The programs just randomly stop responding, then the computer hangs and i end up restarting using the reset button. I've checked for spyware, found none, no viruses either so i really can't figure the problem out. Help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get TuneUp Trial

http://www.tune-up.com

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which will take a while and requires a reboot

After the reboot run Windows disk defragmenter

Edited by Keith, 11 June 2005 - 03:03 PM.

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Well, quite shockingly a couple of hours after i did what you said, my computer well kind of froze. I tried to find out what's the route to the problem and i found something but don't really know what it means so ya if i could be helped out with this error it would be great. I have attached a screenshot of the error message and it seems to be there quite frequently in the event viewer (system) of the computer management.

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Looks like there could be a problem with your TCP/IP connection, go Here and go through the procedures listed.

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Well i can't really figure out my problem cause each time i diagnose for errors something different fails, always DNS but sometimes something else will also fail with it and sometimes not so i am kind of confused. It says DNS server, request timed out. When i changed the DNS or set it to automatic then my internet explorer doesn't work as in no page loads.
Someone please help.
Thanks