Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer Aspire E1-572

• Please log in to reply

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

OK, so as stated the system is an Acer Aspirw E1-572. Recently, I created Hirens BootCD using a USB. Works just fine. tested it at home on my Main computer (Dell XPS8500), Will boot and everything. The issue is, my computer will NOT go into the boot options menu, and it's starting to annoy me. The system it'll be used on is not Windows 7, but a double check is always handy. (Besides, the last time I worked with Hiren's and Windows 7, worked prfectly).

USB is a 2.0 device, 8GB's, with a secondary USB to transfer files onto. That's the main goal, second goal is to retrieve the OS info so I can create a second bootable USB device so he can format the system so it works again.

Advertisements

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Sorry, his system is Windows 7.

TheXPS 8500 has been through so many formats, BIOS/UEFI changes, well. May not be trustworthy...

The next system it's being test is the Acer Aspire E1-572, but won't go into a UEFI/BIOS type boot menu so I can select the USB drive.

I have also since made a change the the USB adding a few text files for him too read.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Screw it. Found the issue. Finally got into the Advanced Menu options to rudely find out, booting from USB's isn't supported! Gah!

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

OK, so for once, Live chat was useful to me ^.^ and I'm not so ticked with Acer. Turns out, computer needed to be in Legacy mode (Stupid me, knew that). So, got things working again. Hiren's works still, and I am happy!)