Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Youtube not playing

• Please log in to reply

gmelancon

gmelancon

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Youtube will not play in either IE or Firefox, and Chrome would not install because it just gets stuck on the 'downloading' step, so I can't check it. Every other aspect of internet browsing works fine, including media players on other sites. Had some issues yesterday and they went away, but today I managed to watch one video before it stopped working entirely. The videos seem to begin loading, but before even displaying an image, it goes to static saying "An error occured, please try again later."

I have done the following:

fresh install of Adobe Flash

computer restart

reloading

using only the one tab

checked for Firefox updates

Javascript is enabled

cleared the cache

Also,

sfc /scannow

and
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

in the command prompt, since that fixed an issue I had a couple weeks ago, but no luck.

Thanks for the help

Advertisements

Joe-King

Joe-King

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

What OS are you using?

How about extensions, Do you have Java deactivated?  Sorry for all the questions but their important for the fix. :)

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

gmelancon,

Double check both browsers make sure plug in for shockwave player is there, do double check also up to date again. Firefox, tools then addons. In IE tools manage addons.

Check for your Graphics card driver software updates. Try reset both browser, before that clear all history and cache from browsers and try again.Also refresh youtube page then go back, change resolution of video. Temporarily till check for Video card update, can try while on Youtube video right click the video, select the monitor pic and uncheck " use Hardware acceleration".

Edited by jds63, 19 November 2014 - 05:09 PM.

gmelancon

gmelancon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Windows 8, latest patch as far as I know. Whatever the issue was, it went away. It was probably just the horrible internet from my University. Though only affecting Youtube videos is new. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thanks anyway. If it happens again, I'll try some of those things.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Your Welcome, sometimes you can just refresh the page, try again. Could have been the video or youtube at time, unless issue happens to all videos always.