Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry Cleaners

• Please log in to reply

Boyo

Boyo

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I could use some advice on what is the best registry cleaner. Before you reply, you should know that I will have almost no clue as to what needs to be deleted or kept. So I need a reliable cleaner that will help me in that department. I also have no problem what so ever on buying the software as opposed to only wanting freeware.

Here are my 4:
Registry Repair Pro
Registry Mechanic 4.0
REGcleaner
REGseeker

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I recommend two:

1. Registry First Aid

2. WinASO Registry Optimizer

REGseeker, which you mention, is also good. However, REGseeker has the tendency to go overboard and find many false positives.

Not that I don't recommend REGseeker -- just make sure you create a system restore point before using it and making changes it suggests.

JDM

Boyo

Boyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thank you. I will check into the two you recommended. I haven't heard of them before.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Try Tune Up utilities 2004 it has a few good registry cleaners and more.

''The Swiss army knife for your PC TuneUp Utilities 2004
Repairs. Optimizes. Protects.

TuneUp Utilities 2004 optimizes the performance of your computer, solves problems and helps you to customize your system to suit your needs.

I love it. Please try it.