Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recent 8 Updates play Havoc

• Please log in to reply

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Yeah I read that but I didnt understand if the one that is already logged into my windows update sitting there before the crash is the bad one? The KB3000850 is said to be a problem?

Advertisements

techmantrey1

techmantrey1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

"An emergency update was released yesterday.

The current solution for those affected is to uninstall KB3000850 this should revert the system back to normal
Run an update on Avast which will install the new driver
Then you can install the update again "

Edited by techmantrey1, 23 November 2014 - 09:22 PM.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

ok, but sorry, i am still not being clear.

I do have the KB3000850 update sitting there in Windows update but dont know how to remove it from there and refresh updates so I get the latest one?

hazard209

hazard209

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

I wouldn't remove it from the queue. It's the November rollup update. Kind of like a service pack but it doesn't change the version number or deprecate APIs. https://support.micr....com/kb/3000850

As Essexboy said, Avast! has patched the issues with this update. If you've updated Avast! to the latest version then you should be safe to reinstall this Windows update.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

But what if its been sitting there since before November....I'm scared...to touch it....

hazard209

hazard209

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
It's your computer, buddy. You can do what you want to with it, no one is forcing you. I'm just letting you know that Microsoft is recommending that you install it and that you should be ok to do so now that all of the conflicts have been resolved.

Best of luck.