Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone come accross Deket

• Please log in to reply

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

I found this software from anumsty international is anti spyware software here is what they say about it

"Detekt is a free tool that scans your Windows computer for traces of FinFisher and Hacking Team RCS, commercial surveillance spyware that has been identified to be also used to target and monitor human rights defenders and journalists around the world. "

Sorry for the large text I copy and paste it strait to here.

What I would like to know is it any good has any one used it before?

the link is https://resistsurveillance.org/

thanks P

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
The newest version cannot detect any RATs they advertised : DarkComet and jRAT for instance.
I tested it in a VM against 7-8 RAT stubs, 3 of them which should had been detected by it, and it failed.

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Thanks Aura for the reply

It don't look to good then doop, I will still give it a go as some things find stuff others don't. I doubt it will ever find a thing lol.

I was more worried it wasn't legit software and some sort of rouge ware. 

I like Virtual box too its great for toying with Indian scam callers..... haha

Thanks mate 

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Thanks Aura for the reply
It don't look to good then doop, I will still give it a go as some things find stuff others don't. I doubt it will ever find a thing lol.
I was more worried it wasn't legit software and some sort of rouge ware. 
I like Virtual box too its great for toying with Indian scam callers..... haha

Thanks mate

Nah it's not a Rogueware, it's legitimate and it comes from a legit developper and IT Company :P
Well, apparently an older version of that tool is able to detect DarkComet and jSpy, since the signature are in the code but it looks like they removed it in the newer build for some reason.

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Ok good to know, thank you for the information you have provided me with :)

I might have a play with it now.

ty