Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get two portable monitors to show same image as main laptop mon

• Please log in to reply

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Having now looked through this thread, and also followed up some research myself regarding Windows itself being unable to do what you want.

If the last above suggestion from terry1966 is not what you can work with, the only solution is to send the two USB monitors back and obtain monitors with VGA ports.

Providing the laptop does have a VGA out port, you can buy VGA splitters which can provide a lot more than just the two monitors you require, bearing in mind, those with more than two outputs do require to be powered.

Considering that Windows cannot do this in itself, using USB monitors, the VGA route is the only one that can work.

Nev.

Advertisements

peterglass

peterglass

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I just had the problem solved a few days ago by installing a piece of software called Actual Multiple Monitors. It took over a week to configure it properly, but I now get the same image on all my monitors, which was my original goal.

Thanks so much to those who offered advice and help.

Peter

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

thanks for the update, and well done on finding the solution. :thumbsup:

never having used a usb monitor or running more than dual displays on a windows intel graphics pc i've never encountered this problem myself so it's nice to know there is a working solution out there, even if it does require installing 3rd party software to control the displays.

can you please mark this topic as solved and link the best answer to your post mentioning the software you used.

:popcorn:  

Edited by terry1966, 12 December 2014 - 01:50 AM.

peterglass

peterglass

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

How do I mark this topic as solved?

Edited by peterglass, 17 December 2014 - 10:29 PM.