Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 processes running really high [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hp2014

hp2014

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have an hp laptop with windows 7 home.  Norton virus protection is on the computer.  It has been running really slow.  I looked at the task manager and it is running high between 67% and 100%.  It looks like it may have been hit with the COM Surrogate but I am not sure.  I do see a few of the dllhost.exe*32 file running in task manager.  They are all located in the sysWOW64 folder and there is about 3 or 4 of them that run at different times.

I have been trying to fix this myself with no luck.  I'm desperate for help! Here is a list of what I have done so far.

I ran Nortons and it doesn't find anything.

I ran sophos free virus removal tool - it finds Troj/MeeacMem-A in the memory It says it cleans it but every time I re-run it ; it finds it again.

I ran sophos boot virus removal and it didn't find anything either.

I have tried to do a system restore problem is still there.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

hp

Advertisements

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
======Zoek.exe======

Take action to disable your antivirus and antispyware programs, as they may conflict with Zoek.exe
>> Info on how to disable your security applications > http://www.bleepingc...opic114351.html

Download 51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.pngzoek.exe to your desktop
  • If Internet Explorer, any other browser, or a security program issues a warning indicating the file is unsafe, please ignore, since it is a false warning.
Using Zoek.exe
  • On the Desktop, double-click Zoek.exe to start the tool.
    Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users right-click the file and select: Run as Administrator.
    Give the program a few seconds to appear.
  • Copy and paste the following script in the code box:
  • Note: This script is written for usage on this system only, do not use it on any other computer even if the problems are similar.
    standardsearch;
    torpigcheck;
    installedprogs;
    uninstall-list;
    srinfo;

• Click the "Run script" button and wait patiently.
  • When finished the logfile will be opened in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed the logfile will be opened after reboot.
  • The zoek-results.log can also be found on your systemdrive.
  • Please post the logfile for further review in your next comment.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.