Ok, excellent news for the most part!
I needed to get all the malware removed from your computer before we moved into this next area. Yes, you have a significant number of errors in your Event Log. This could be due to Operating System difficulties, Hard Disk issues, general wonkiness from the malware, etc. So, let's do two things.
Let's do a Check Disk first and see if doesn't straighten out some of the Disk Errors. Then do a Start Up Repair per the instructions.
If the CHKDSK has trouble or problems, don't move on to the Startup Repair until we discuss the errors.(It's expected that it will find problems on the disk and fix them. Unusual things would be, Blue Screen, not finishing, sudden termination of the program, etc.
Click Start, All Programs, Accessories
Then, if you look down the list you should see Command Prompt. Right click Command Prompt and then select Run as Administrator.
In the box that opens, type chkdsk /f
Run this three times in a row and even if it reports that nothing was repaired, it can at time still improve matters.
- Click on Start(Windows 7 Orb).
- Click on All Programs >> Accessories
- Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on Continue in the UAC prompt.
- At the Command Prompt C:\Windows\System32> type in the following exactly:
- cd c:\
- Then depress the Enter/Return key, then type in the following exactly:
- sfc /scannow
- Then depress the Enter/Return key.
Note: This may take awhile to finish. When completed close the Administrator Command Prompt window, via typing Exit then depress the Enter/Return key.