Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU to PSU on new build (Resolved)

psu cpu

• Please log in to reply

broman_alex

broman_alex

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Ok, so I'm currently building my new computer however, I've run into and issue that I can't figure out. The 12V header is what I assume the cables that come with my PSU label as CPU. However, this is a 8 to a double 4-pin cable. The headers on my mobo and psu are both 8-pin. Am I missing something here? Or do I need to get an 8 to 8-pin cable? Everything else so far has made sense except this.

my PSU is an EVGA 1000W G2 gold

my mobo is LGA 1150 ASUS z97-A 

and for what is worth I have an i-7 4790k

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   broman_alex,

Your PSU has 2x 8pin (4+4) connectors, what this means is that two 4+4 connectors are clipped together and then inserted as one into the 8 pin CPU header on the MB, some information on this here, hopefully this answers your question, let us know either way if you will please.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

broman_alex

broman_alex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Yeah this definitely helped. Thanks a lot that link helped a lot too!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

You are most welcome, glad we could help  :)