Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wise Program uninstaller.

• Please log in to reply

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Recently learned about this free uninstaller and does seem to be a good one, it does not install itself, it runs from wherever you download it it to, though you can create a desktop icon or even pin it to the task bar.
It is fully 32 or 64 bit and therefore finds a lot of programs installed that the well known Revo doesn't. (Revo appears to be 32bit only)

My only concern being that the company do make a few different types of cleaner, including the old snake oil registry cleaners (Eugh)

However the Wise Uninstaller does seem to be good at its job having tried it on a few unwanted, outdated, or unused programs I have downloaded to try them out.

Have a look here :-

http://www.wiseclean...tallerfree.html

They also do a data recovery product as well, again for free which might be worth checking out.
Any thoughts on it guys?

Nev.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Looks to be rated well, just not enough explained for me on website itself to sell me on it, grant it, it is free, think most of there awards fall with other products.

Seems worth a try, i like Revo myself. Find most uninstaller never seem to get everything as they claim to, just look around afterwards bound find some leftovers even in registry.

One helpful thing i do, make a restore point before installing anything, keep it till you are sure you want it or everything is stable with it, also keep it for longer.

Edited by jds63, 26 November 2014 - 08:46 PM.