Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Check-Up]Google Chrome Running Slow/Mini-Freezes[Need Advice]

• Please log in to reply

sweetbutsour

sweetbutsour

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Greetings!, 

I'm new here, and iv heard alot of good things about geekstogo, and i'v also read alot of awesome expert advice etc, so i thought i'd ask myself for some advice here since i noticed a few changes

in my browser, chrome started to act fairly weird & was freezing on me, but not that "end process" type of freezing, just the odd mini-freeze when i scroll down a page etc.

I noticed that i had a few dodgy extensions in chrome earlier today, like the odd shopping & search engine adware/malware crap, i removed those by using other advice fount on this forum

and installed many programs that experts i notice on here recommend you shall see that in my OTL report, seemed to do the trick - yet just wanted a check up from someone who has some spare time :)

also, i would like advice on what programs i could do with removing, because if you notice in the OTL report, i have very little space on my C:/ and everytime i run a Disk space cleaner, i panic and have no idea what i can remove and what not too.. since like, 30GB is worth of games and.. everything else seem's to be minor file sizes.. yet they seem to be making up alot of the taken space..

Now, i'v took the liberty to post my OTL log on pastebin, to keep this thread nice & tidy i shall do so for the remainder of the thread so i can easily find your replies, i hope you don't mind if it's against the rules to post logs on outside of this site, let me know. 

anyway, here's the log:

OTL Log: http://pastebin.com/7s6LDen8

[MiniToolBox] Installed Programs(Give Advice on what to remove to free space if possible): http://pastebin.com/dwLJqPSw

Edited by sweetbutsour, 26 November 2014 - 06:22 PM.

Advertisements