Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD-RW dont see blank DIsks

• Please log in to reply

shdwprncss

shdwprncss

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a weird problem with my DVD-RW Dual Burning burner 16x. Ok was working fine for the first month. After that it burns cd's fine, it runs fine, but it will not burn DVDs. I have cleaned the lenz, the disks I want burned still wont see the new blank dvd in the drive, thought maybe the DVDs were no good bought a different brand and still no good. I am confused, I have tried contacting the manufacterer but that is like pulling teeth.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

shdwprncss

shdwprncss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
No one has any ideas?

Mixtrixx

Mixtrixx

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello mate,

I've got the same problem bud, :thumbsup, mines an external USB
Liteon 8 speed DVD Writer, and I think it may have summat to do with either XP SP2, Nero (Only burns CD's & keeps ejecting DVD's>? been there for the last 6 months. Just out of curiosity have you tried to epgrade the firmware? I think it's
possible that mine failed down to upgrading a firmware file allowed dual layer support on my none original DVD writer. The thing was the dual layer upgrade did work, but since them only cd-r will burn. Bummer. I can get dvd writer firmware to irreverse my FW to factory defaults. so unless you have answerd yes to any of the above, it maybe nero

I was burning the white surface light purple bottoms, When my dvd writer did write DVD's it took a very disliking to light purple media however, keep to silver bottom cd-r media, most of the cheap CDR media these day's have a surface you can scrub off by just picking up the disc, but every large file I burned to cdr worked spot on, backed up 7 backup movies to 7 silvers and they all played on my xbox without a dirty disc error lol.

Anyway, I'm not an IT techie but, but that what i'll boil it down too. But now thinking about it, when i upgradedmy version of nero reloaded, it downloaded INcd and could of been set to replace your default dvd software. but because incd you can just drag and drop to your DVD writer directory on MY computer I think, it's making multi sessions dvd's so everytime you put a dvd disc in it say's please enter Blank DVD Disc. Now the reason the disk wont be accepted by dvd software could be due to all your dvd you put in your drive have left you with discs that may need to have the session closed with the INCD app. But not sure as I say. that's what my general thoughts were.

anyway if you did upgrade your firmware on the dvd writer, this seems like the best place 2 start as I've got the same with mine.

Hope it helps

Cheers Gav -

shdwprncss

shdwprncss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks I will try that tonight

shdwprncss

shdwprncss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well it didnt work. Infact now, it says 0% burning / writing lead-in and sits there till it times out and doesnt burn cancels.

shdwprncss

shdwprncss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Nevermind that did it... Mixtrixx your amazing!