Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer running extremely slow, script errors, not shutting down corr

• Please log in to reply

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
OK,

When you run system file checker if it finds errors, reboot the computer and run it again.

Good luck.

Joe

Advertisements

sheyennelilly

sheyennelilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Okay, I woke up this morning and my computer was back to the screen where we pick a person to log in.  I went to start>administrative tools>event viewer>windows logs>applications

I can't find the log summary.  I took a screenshot, but I don't see a button above to let me attach it.  I tried to paste it in but it says I'm "not allowed to use that image extension in this community".

Edited by sheyennelilly, 01 December 2014 - 07:26 AM.

sheyennelilly

sheyennelilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
The system file checker said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Did the disc check thing run too ?

What's the computer doing or not doing now ?

Joe

sheyennelilly

sheyennelilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Yes, the disc check ran it looks like.  That's the one I'm talking about that I can't find the log summary (up above the last post I made).  I saved a screenshot but don't know how to post it here.  It won't let me just paste it in.  The computer is running better now though.  I've visited multiple websites and used my calendar and email tonight without prolonged delays.  I'm still getting popups that say job cannot run because of invalid destination.

Updated at 8:26am- I have popups that say script errors and I have my adobe flash player crashing after a popup that says something about shockwave not responding.  This has been going on a while too.  I've made sure flash player was updated.  I reset firefox a week or two ago.  Those things don't help.  I just have a million problems...

Edited by sheyennelilly, 02 December 2014 - 08:28 AM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I wonder if we should have you post in the Malware forum so we can check for any Malware, it's all I can think for now

http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Start a topic if you want, post both OTL Logs. OTL.TXT and the extra's.txt.

Do not post them here, only in the malware forum, I'll take a look at them.

Joe

sheyennelilly

sheyennelilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Okay, I went and started a new topic and posted the logs.

Thank you for your continued help.

Sheyenne