Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just need a little help

HDMI Motherboard Monitors Cable Help!

• Please log in to reply

RyanNKet1987

RyanNKet1987

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So Ive been getting a lot into computer gaming and parents were generous enough to buy me a really nice iMac. Problem with the iMac is that there isn't the ability to play a lot of games and what not. Don't get me wrong, I love my iMac, I just find PC to be the way to go on gaming. Im looking to buy a pretty nice gaming computer from IBuyPower. I want to run 2 monitors, both being LED HD monitors. The computer I want to buy only has 1 HDMI output plugin. So I need to know if i need to buy a motherboard with 2 hdmi outputs, or can I buy a HDMI male to 2 HDMI female 1 and 2 out splitter cable adapter converter. If I want to run both monitors, am I stuck with running 1 HD and 1 VGA?

Edited by RyanNKet1987, 28 November 2014 - 04:31 PM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Display port is way to go as it is more supportive of Multiple monitors. Does monitors you have, have display port ?

It is not the motherboard ports should think of for gaming as would be an integrated video card, but a quality PCI-E Video card which has multiple connections for monitors and display port. Also provide you with better performance in gaming. RAM too.

Edited by jds63, 28 November 2014 - 05:30 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: RyanNKet1987.

Please give a link to the computer you are looking at.