Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVI-D display not working please help

• Please log in to reply

jfpchelp

jfpchelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My cousin's computer and monitor has unfortunately been roughed around a bit, mainly the display cable was pulled harder then it should. And now when he tried to turn his computer on, there was no display:

His graphics card is an Nvidea and it has 2 outputs DVI-D and DVI-I, he has a digital monitor and we only have one extra analog monitor, no extra cable for testing:

When we plug his digital monitor into the old DVI-D slot, it just shows a blank screen. Monitor powers on/get out of sleep mode, computer turns on we could hear windows start up just no display.

When we plug his digital monitor into the DVI-I, the computer boots the bio, then gets to the window starting up loading screen, then displays a no signal message, then goes blank. So we tried booting in safe mode and everything boots up normally.

We're not sure how we could have the display working again in the DVI-D output, any advise is highly appreciated.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

jfpchelp,

:welcome:

Make and model of PC would be helpful. Did you mean when booting into safe mode there was a picture or no ? When saying it's been roughed up a bit i wonder any chances of it being the NVIDIA card being bad also and or the monitor and it's cables. We then need another monitor to try or new cable.No other connection except DVI-D and DVI-I on monitor and Graphics card ? The PC has a  PCI slot Graphics card or is it integrated card ?

Have no other cables for this  monitor and the Analog monitor going to be pretty tough to diagnose which it is or even if it is the graphics card. With a VGA to DVI adapter can try analog one ,but need know if have analog input on this graphics card or if have an integrated one also if this is a slot card.

Can try this monitor on another PC ? Need some additional info i am asking to work further on this issue.

Edited by jds63, 01 December 2014 - 09:45 PM.