I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad T440p online two months ago. No physical unit was available to look at in Seattle when I purchased it online. Computer arrived with both touchpad and touchpointer enabled.
I've now been using it and very frustrated with touchpad. Repetitive problems I experience:
1) typing along and all of a sudden part of what I've typed is deleted even though I didn't select the words/line to be deleted, or I move cursor to change something and don't realize until afterwards that the cursor went somewhere else and changed things, including deleting things. Seems to require more than a light touch at the destination for the cursor, whereas other things change without even touching the touchpad.
2) seems like whether in an email, MS Word, or Facebook, that while typing there is something activated all of a sudden, like I moved the cursor and it crossed over something that changes.
3) when on the internet, I can be on a page reading, my hands not on the touchpad, but hovering over it, and the screen changes. Or, I move the cursor on the screen and it goes across something before the cursor is at destination on screen that I want, and instead, some other screen opens. i.e. I might want to move to something in tool bar, but cursor slid across something on the way there, and whatever it crossed opened up then.
4) don't like the raised bumps at top for left/right in place of bottom, not sure why I should want these and what's to be gained.
5) touchpad is too slick. I adjusted how fast the cursor moves, but the slickness of pad causes finger to just slide. Is there anything I can do here?
How can I overcome these issues rather than send the computer back?
I found the user guide online, and it offers no help. http://www.lenovo.co...t440p_ug_en.pdf
Difficult to get follow up help from the maker of the laptop. No responses yet. Can't find "support for after the purchase" at the website.
I wish I had not bought this one, however, trying to figure it out since this is what I have.
Does anyone have experience with returning a laptop to Lenovo due to the above problems? Obviously under warranty, but it's really a poor feature issue. I do like the lightweight feature. I had analyzed many computers when I finally settled on this one offering me the most for the money. But this is currently a painful machine to use.
Oddly back on the website for the same laptop, all the reviews displayed are 5 stars, no complaints on the touchpad, and not one review for less than 5 stars. http://shop.lenovo.c...0p/#tab-reviews When I tried sorting today by lowest rating to highest, all they display are 5 stars, nothing else. Elsewhere on the website there are other reviews that are lower.
First I really want to see if I can make this work, then I guess I return it.
Any help some of you can provide is welcome.
Edited by dlilla, 01 December 2014 - 09:00 PM.