Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brother Laser Color MFC-9840-CDW - Faded Colors

• Please log in to reply

Afara007

Afara007

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a Brother Laser Color printer Mode: MFC-9840-CDW. The printer works fine and it prints black and white perfectly. However, when I try to print in color, I get faded colors. For instance the yellow comes out as faded yellow, same with other colors such as red.

The issue even happens when I select FINE VIVID printing settings.

The toner cartridges are almost full (They have been filled by a local store).

The belt and drum have also been replaced recently - So not sure why the printer is producing faded colors!

Can someone please help me with this problem.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
The color comes from the toner. If you had the toner replaced by a local store, it might be that is the cause of the muted colors. To really determine what the problem is, you would need to try printing with known good toner cartridges. You could try a test print from a file in which the colors are 100% specific to the toner color, but it might be difficult to determine what those colors are.

Afara007

Afara007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks Kemasa,

I agree with you, I have some doubts about the quality of toner the guy filled my cartridges with, because the black color I'm using was from an original cartridge, and it's vibrant and clear, however the other color cartridges are re-filled, and I believe it a toner problem. I wish I can borrow some original cartridges to test.

buzzware

buzzware

• Pip
  • 5 posts

As you have recently got cartridges refilled with belt and drum replaced the problem will definately be with the corrupt Windows printer files on the PC and this needs experts to fix this. Technicians over brother printer helpline number would be able to fix it in short time and below the cost to call a local tech guy.