Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop boots slow.

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Have you made any progress with this HaraMo!

Advertisements

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Dear

I'm sorry, I didn't find the time to continue the steps.

but if you want me to uninstall bitdefender to install  the microsoft antivuris. well the bitdefender is paid for, I don't want microsoft software antivirus as is it not that good.

And I already said that if I disable bitdefender, the slow boot is solved, so we already know it's bitdefender causing it.

I really want to follow the steps of bitdefender, to see if it helps.

or do you want me to uninstall bitdefender, then reinstall it?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

If you make a note of your licence key number you can uninstall BD for testing purposes and reinstall it later using the same product key if uninstalling it does not resolve the issue.

Uninstaller steps and tool here

Avast! free Antivirus to the bottom left here

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Not heard from you for a while HaraMo, please update or conclude your topic.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
Sorry, my work takes a lot of time( i work in a accounting office and this month is heavy).

I didn't even had the time to try the bitdefender steps.

But you still telling me to uninstall bitdefender to see if the problem will be resolved.

But i told you that i know that bitdefender is causing the problem, because when i disable it, the problem is solved.

So why do you want me to uninstall bitdefender to see if the problem is solved? We already know it will be solved.

But i want to keep the program, as it!s paid fot it.
Thats why i want to try the steps that bitdefender told me.

Or maybe i do not understand you what correctly??

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

It is entirely up to you but only by temporarily uninstalling BD completely can you prove without doubt that it is the cause of the issue.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

I uninstalled bitdefender, laptop has no delay anymore at startup.

But that was also the case when I just disbaled the services in safe mode.  I think this is also without doubt that bitdefender is the cause.

Can I Reinstall it now, or do you want me first to do something  else?

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi, I doubt there is anything more can be done, the cause of the problem is Bit Defender, and although you paid for it, it is up to you to either remove it permanently in favour of a different antivirus, or reinstall it and put up with the problem till the subscription runs out if the Bit Defender people can't help. Your call on that one.

Nev.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Ok

I'm now following the steps of bitdefender:  diskcleanup, chkdsk, and sfc/scannow.

Now I'm going to reinstall bitdefender. They say that if the delay persist, I can disable a certain option that scans the system before startup:

It you still have to wait 1 mn before the Windows session opening (it's not so
long, by the way), try to disable this option, "Scan before start" you can
find in "Protection", "Antivirus", button "personnalize", tab "various", then
restart Windows.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

startup time = this time I counted from starting the laptop untill logon windows screen appears

startup time without bitdefender : 50sec.

with bitdefender: almost 3 minutes

with bitefender but scan bootsectores disabled : frist reboot: 2min 16sec.  second reboot: 1 min 15 sec., third  1min 10 sec.

Then I decided to enbale the scan bootsector, As this is more secure,  Now I know it because of heavy security reasons, I don't mind the delay.

But what happened??

bitdefender with scan bootsector enabled:  1min 07 sec, I couldn't believe it, another reboot: 1 min 06sec.

I think it's ok now?

Why couldn't bitefender tell me to first try to disable and enable that option??!!

Hmmmm

I hope it will not delay more, normal bootup without antivirus is 50sec, so another 16 sec extra to load the antivirus is normal?

anyway a lot better!

Advertisements