Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Talk] What browser do you use?

• Please log in to reply

Nightfall

Nightfall

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

What browser do you use?

I currently use:

Firefox

Opera

Edited by Nightfall, 12 December 2014 - 10:30 PM.

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Google Chrome

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Waterfox 33.0.2......FF's 64 bit version

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

I prefer Waterfox/Firefox over Chrome.  When working an OTL log I like to look up IP addresses to make sure they are not in the Ukraine or China or other non local malware source.  With Waterfox/Firefox it's a simple highlight IP address, right click and "Search Google for".  With Chrome the "Search Google for" option disappears and your only option is to go to that IP address.  I have to copy the IP address, open a new google page and type it in there and then make sure I choose the non-default.  

I also don't like the way the search on the page works.  In W/F the search box (Ctrl + F) stays open when you change from one tab to the next and keeps your latest search showing.  I often open two copies of the same page so I can methodically go through a log on one page and search the other copy for other instances of a word or phrase.  It's a lot easier to highlight the word and hit CTRL + F then switch to the second tab and complete the search.  In Chrome you have to highlight and copy the word, CTRL + C,  then move to the other page,CTRL + F, paste it in CTRL +V.

I miss the search the web box too. If I need to alter the search a bit it is still there.  With Chrome I have to retype the whole thing.

Also I miss the ability to revisit my most common site by simply clicking the down arrow in the URL box.  With Chrome I have to waste space with a shortcut toolbar.  

Also like the about:config page.  Makes it easy to customize. 

PS Waterfox just offered me 34.0

PPS AdBlock Plus is available for both W/F, Chrome and even IE.  Won't use any browser without it.  http://adblockplus.org/

davincitoad

davincitoad

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Google Chrome as always.

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

I was using strictly Chrome till recently. But I started to have open a lot of Tabs at a time, and Chrome is extremely memory eating. So i'm using some times Firefox.

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Been using Firefox for the past 10 years...

Lucky123

Lucky123

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I use Google Chrome and Opera as my main browsers, I use Pale Moon sometimes for certain things.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Google chrome and Firefox..

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Google Chrome 64-bits, because the 32-bits version on a 64-bits OS just eat up all your resources for nothing.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Waterfox 38.0 now

scotv

scotv

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Chrome Firefox & Slimjet

Chrome crashes sometimes so i use its alternative slimjet

abhishekkhanna

abhishekkhanna

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Google chrome the best browser in the world ;)
Firefox is too slow.

Hoxtro9988712

Hoxtro9988712

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

The tor browser :) What? It keeps me anonymous anyway by keeping a cloud over my IP!!! Always used it.

MrBene

MrBene

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I use Google Chrome and Firefox. Both run okay, I feel tempted to try Waterfox.