Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help building a new computer (Resolved)

Computer Building Gaming Work Help

• Please log in to reply

RoterBaronH

RoterBaronH

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi, so first off I'm not an computer expert so I wanted to ask you if you could help me build/buy one.

So I need a computer that can run the latest games like Dragon Age Inquisition and future games like Witcher 3 and Evolve on High or Ultra setting, I also need that it is able to run programs like photoshop, After effects and adobe premiere.

My budget is around 1000 it can go a little over but not too much.

I wanted to ask you if someone can tell me what components I should buy to get a good computer.

I hope you forgive me for my bad english :)

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:     RoterBaronH,

We can see what we can put together for you but if your budget is tight you may need to go the 8 core AMD route.

You will get a better spec by building your own computer but one downside is that unless you already own a full retail OS such as Windows 7 64-bit you would need to purchase one and that will take about $90 off your budget, if you have any parts that you can reuse such as a DVD R/W and a spare HDD that will help lower costs.

We have your budget and intended use but if we know in which country you live we may be able to find you the parts closer to home.

Your English if fine btw but note the uppercase E  :D

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

RoterBaronH

RoterBaronH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thanks for the fast response :) 

I have already an OS CD, windows 7 and 8 so that wont be a problem, I have a spare dvd R/W but my HDD has a lot of issues because when I got it I didn't know how to keep it clean (from corrupted files ecc.) 

My motherboarde, cpu and gpu are really old so I can't use them same goes with the power generator (not sure if it is called like this, the one which supplies the hardware with energy) 

I live in Germany but I can get parts from Italy too since I travel between these two.

I hope that I gave you all information you needed 

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask me.

Thank you for your time :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Both countries use the euro so no problem either way  :thumbsup:

Your budget will be around 802 € is that correct.

Got to pop out shortly but will post back/edit with one or two lists of parts within the next hour or so.

You are welcome btw  :)

Intel i7 build here or here couple of changes need making when purchasing in Germany, items are more expensive and case not available  (odd as mine was shipped from Germany to the UK by Amazon)

Intel plan B here

Plan C AMD build here

Edited by phillpower2, 14 December 2014 - 04:15 AM.
Links added.

RoterBaronH

RoterBaronH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm going to study them in the next couple of days and choose one, I owe you one^^

Thank you so much for your time :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

The good thing about PCPartPickers is that you can swap and change things to suit, I wanted to suggest the 4GB GTX 970 from a brand such as ASUS, EVGA or Gigabyte but could not find one in Germany or Italy :( 

Let us know what you decide upon and any further questions let us know and you are most welcome btw :)  :thumbsup:  

RoterBaronH

RoterBaronH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi, I will tell you what I decided^^

So I found an interesting pc on a gaming magazine that I read and wanted to ask you if it would be a good (and cheap) or if it is more of a scam (not literally but for example it would be possible to buld a better one on his own) choice or if your builds are better.

this is the first

and this is the second

I hope I posted the right links xD and they are german so I hope you don't mind.

So I would like to hear your opinion on them thanks :)

edit:

and I found this one too that is really cheap and the call it a gaming pc but I'm not sure if it can run the latest games/programs. Here

Edited by RoterBaronH, 15 December 2014 - 12:52 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:no:  Never purchase anything unless you know the brand and model name or number of all the hardware, system builders will 9 times out of ten use a budget PSU and Ram to keep their costs down. you have it for a week and either get a BSOD or a nasty smell when the shabby PSU fries your hardware.

RoterBaronH

RoterBaronH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Ok, thanks that is good to know^^

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You are most welcome  :)

Worth a mention is that there are some sites that allow you to custom build a parts list online, they then assemble and then ship the build to you, there is obviously a charge for this service though.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Not heard from you for a while RoterBaronH, an update or the conclusion of your thread would be appreciated.

RoterBaronH

RoterBaronH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey sorry for answering so late, the problem is my mother (I don't have a credit card so I give her the money and she buys it for me) doesn't like to order from websites she doesn't know and prefers to order from amazon and I'm having a hard time to find the right components you suggested me. I think I'm going for the first build, the one with the i7 processor and the geoforce 760 4gb.

Happy new year =)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Happy new year RoterBaronH  :thumbsup:

That is a good spec build and well worth going to the trouble of getting the listed items  :yes:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Not heard from you for a while RoterBaronH, how are you getting on with this, can you let us know if assistance is no longer required.

RoterBaronH

RoterBaronH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yeah sorry I was a bit busy, I chosed the first i7 build and I'm going to order the pieces in the next couple of weeks, thank you so much for all the time you invested to help me. 

I really appreciete that