Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best headphones

Headphones Output Music Peripheral

• Please log in to reply

karkon14

karkon14

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Which headphones do you think are the best for use at home? Also, what headphones would you use for sound recording and mastering? 

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

karon14,

:welcome:

Truthfully i have an older model pair of these and i love them, very comfortable and rated well. Good for music, movies and use with just about anything. Although quite expensive.

http://www.bose.com/...rt_25/index.jsp

Otherwise might be looking for real Professionals type of headphones, sure you are going pay as much or more, ones used by say music recording studios.

Look here too, good reputable company  http://www.crutchfie...s.html?tp=63657

My opinion you won't go wrong with Bose, except may lighten your pocket. Shop around on internet, get a good deal.

Edited by jds63, 14 December 2014 - 09:55 PM.

davincitoad

davincitoad

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

It'd be Numark Electrowave for me.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

If you are doing audio mixing and mastering you really should use a combination of outputs, not just headphones. What sounds good in the headphones will not sould the same on a car or home stereo system. You will get a very different mix sound in those two environments that headphones cannot recreate. That being said you DO need a good set of headphones to mix that way. This will help with audio playback on mobile devices.

If you want a good, mid-level set of headphones I would recommend the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO studio headphones.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

If you are doing audio mixing and mastering you really should use a combination of outputs, not just headphones. What sounds good in the headphones will not sould the same on a car or home stereo system. You will get a very different mix sound in those two environments that headphones cannot recreate. That being said you DO need a good set of headphones to mix that way. This will help with audio playback on mobile devices.

If you want a good, mid-level set of headphones I would recommend the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO studio headphones.

Definitely one best brands out there for headphones