Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unidentifiable GPU death or driver issue (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the updates.

Looks like the failed installs have changed settings.   Ignore previous instructions and see if you can get a responsive system.

If you have a recovery CD, use it and select system restore to go back to before the failed installs.

If no disc, start in safe mode with Command Prompt, type rstrui.exe

FYI. you cannot undo a system restore when using command prompt, but you can choose another one if available. 

If the system is stable enough, back up your Data.

Advertisements

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

i broke the pins on my cpu while trying to troubleshoot why the pc wouldn't start up after installing the new mobo

i won't be able to afford a new cpu and a new motherboard for quite some time, just wanted to get something working to last until i went to basic training

i'm going to return the motherboard i suspected was DOA anyway and just get money back until i can buy a new board to match a new cpu, i'll probably switch to intel if i don't just buy a new rig from ibuypower or something

you can close the thread sorry for wasting your time and thanks for trying to help 

Edited by Oniketsoku, 29 December 2014 - 04:44 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thank yu for updating.   Very sorry to hear of your woes, even experienced builders suffer such mishaps.

When you are ready to configure/search for a build, please come back and start a new topic

Your are most welcome :thumbsup:  just sorry the outcome was not good.

Good luck.