Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get adfarm.mediaplex.com off my machine.

adfarm.mediaplex.com malware

• Please log in to reply

TimeTraveler777

TimeTraveler777

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

First time trying this board.

I have the adfarm.mediaplex.com malware (?) on my computer and I don't know how to wipe it off. I am running Kaspersky Pure and Winpatrol Plus for protection. I am running a vanilla Windows 7 Professional OS. Nothing special.

I've scanned the system with the K Pure settings all the way up, but they can't see the adfarm.mediaplex.com. My bank hasn't been letting me login and they said I was infected so I looked at my Chrome history and saw the adfarm URL:

https://adfarm.media...-158536-3408-16

From what I've seen on the internet this is somehow associated with ebay? I went there once a few months ago.First time in years. Don't plan to do that again.

Can I get some help with getting this cleaned off my system?

Thanks!

TimeTraveler

Advertisements

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

Hi   TimeTraveler777   :welcome:

I'm 23red, and it'll be my pleasure to assist you with your problem. During the process the following will go a long way to moving us forward:

•  Please make sure to carefully read every post completely before doing anything.

•  If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens do not continue!  It is not a problem if you stop and ask! 

•  Please do not run any other scans or other download other software on your computer unless asked as it may make this repair more difficult.

•  Please stick with me until all malware is gone from your system.  Malware removal is not an instant process, just because you no longer see any symptoms it does not necessarily mean your system is completely clear.

•  Please copy/paste to Notepad and save my instructions as a text file on your desktop, or print them out, as you may not be able to access this thread at times.

Back up your data. I will not knowingly suggest your any course that might damage your system but sometimes Malware infections are so severe that only option we have is to re-format and re-install the operating system.

•  I do my best to respond as quick as I can.  I, like everyone else here am also a volunteer and sometimes life keeps me busy  ;)  If you feel I've missed you, please send me a PM!

•  If you have any questions along the way, ask ;)

Let's take a look:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

When you return, please post:

1.  FRST.txt

2.  Addition.txt

And we'll go on from there! 

Thank you :)