Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Force subtitles on YouTube video when posting on facebook

facebook youtube cc subtitles

• Please log in to reply

rkwonline

rkwonline

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi guys!

I've heard many good things about this forum, so I'm giving it a go, as I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve for many hours now...

I'm a Danish guy who has a video in Danish. I would like to post in on facebook for my English speaking friends. I have added English subtitles (CC) on the video, so they can understand. It's possible to activate the subtitles on the CC button under the video, but many are not realizing this. So I would like to force the CC to start when the video plays.

I have found a way to do this, when you go and play the video on YouTube. No problem.

But I can't get them to load automatically when I post the video on facebook :-(

I have found small codes to add in the end of the video link, such as adding:
&yt:cc=on
&hl=en&cc_lang_pref=en
&cc_load_policy=1

...but I can't get them to work.

Are there any super clever people in here that can help me with this??

If you wanna try it out with my video, the link is:

I really hope someone can help me out!!

A humble and deeply grateful, thanks!!

Advertisements

wmorri

wmorri

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hi,

I believe that you have the add cc_load_policy="1" to the embed string. For more on this have a look at YouTube Embedded Player. It should help you more. I believe that your embed string should look similar to this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t7HmoIRSapE" frameborder="0" cc_load_policy="1" allowfullscreen></iframe>