Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playing Blu-ray content on the iMac?

iMac Blu-ray playback

• Please log in to reply

WilliamGreen

WilliamGreen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Is there any software that I need to be able to play the bluray movie from the Mac. If I wanted to view the movie on the Mac. QuickTime won't open it.

Advertisements

Tina1234

Tina1234

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Try Macgo Blu-ray Player for Mac. http://download.cnet.com/Macgo-Mac-Blu-ray-Player/3000-13632_4-75453324.html 

You also need a Blu-ray drive, you can get LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.

Rickperry

Rickperry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

google it : How to play Blu-ray disc on iMac  without external Blu-ray drive plus Blu-ray Player software you can do nothing :no:

chancy linken

chancy linken

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have ever happened the same problem, in order to play blu ray on imac, you need a blu ray drive and a iMac Blu-ray Player software. Hope it helps!

JacobBrown

JacobBrown

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Try Mac blu-ray Player. I rely on Mac Blu-ray Player dealing with Blu-ray. When I have some playback problems, The Macgo Team tried their best to solve them, such as some BD+ problem with new discs, such as Gone Girl, Bird Man,etc.