Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Invalid destination pop-ups and other issues

• Please log in to reply

sheyennelilly

sheyennelilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Well, that's good news, because I couldn't find the things it was referring to, and I did the repair install anyway.  It took all night and just finished a bit ago.  I'm hoping that will take care of the invalid destination popups and the explorer.exe issues at shutdown.  Now I need to reinstall Java and Flash and see if the script errors come back up. 

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

http://java.com/en/

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Watch out for the option scanner.

t6ebo6k.png

sheyennelilly

sheyennelilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I left to go visit family on Christmas day and just recently got back.  My whole family was gone and then they came back and I went on another trip to see more family.  In the couple days I was home in between, I reinstalled the Adobe Flash player.  Back came the script error messages.  Now that I'm home again, I'm having all sorts of problems.  It's taking my computer forever to boot up, it's constantly locking up (usually will unlock, it just seems like it's "thinking" for a really long time), and things seem really slow. 

I went back and uninstalled Flash again, then I also uninstalled something called Unity Player that was installed on Christmas Eve, and I also took out WD security and something else that installed along with my hard drive.  Biscuithd told me not to have more than one security system running, and to go ahead and leave in MSE rather than Norton.   When I restarted, I got the message that the computer couldn't connect to the system event notification service.  It said that this service prevents standard users from logging on the the system, but as an administrator I could review the system event log for details about why the service didn't respond.  I don't know how to do that.  My sound is now not working either.  What a horrendous pain in the a**.  Are you still interested in helping me, or should I start a new thread?

Or should I go back to your suggestions at the beginning and just wipe the system and try to restore everything back to factory settings?  My husband did back up my stuff onto the new hard drive.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Hello, sorry for huge delay...... :whistling:  You need any assistance still?