Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LG 50PG60 Blank Screen all of the sudden

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Hello,

My parents have a LG 50PG60 that may be dead but I wanted to get a second opinion first.

The first issue I noticed was the TV speakers kept turning on even though they were turned off in the menus. The TV is hooked up to a receiver which is why we have the TV speakers off. However recently, upon turning the TV on, the internal speakers would be on and we would have to manually turn them off. From my experience with computers, this sounded like something may beginning to failure on the TV motherboard.

Second and what might have been the nail on the coffin was when watching the TV today. We were watching the TV when the screen just went blank.(Didnt hear a popping sound by the way) We still had audio coming from the surround sound, but just a blank screen. Turned the TV off and back on, and still a blank screen. Light is still on, but their is no picture. I unplugged all inputs and power and let it sit for a few minutes and the plugged power back in. Turn it on and still a blank screen but the backlight is on again. Using the remote and the on TV buttons also make the power button blink , but nothing on screen.

Is it time for a new TV? Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Edited by MoNsTeReNeRgY22, 23 December 2014 - 10:20 AM.

Advertisements