Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which internet browser is the best, if there is such a thing?

• Please log in to reply

juglar21

juglar21

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Hi,

I am useing Mozilla, but slowly I am getting tried of the phrase 'a plug in has stopped working...." and the slowing down of my computer. I regularly empty browsing history and do the troublesuoot thing, but it gets annoying, so I wondered, what would be a better brower?

Thanks, J

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello

I'm currently working with you in the Malware forum, lets not make any changes to the computer until we clean it up a bit.

Thanks
Joe :)

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

like zep516 advises, don't make any changes, install/uninstall anything until they have pronounced your pc clean from malware, but to answer your question,

i believe mozilla firefox is the best browser to use anyway:- https://www.mozilla....GB/firefox/new/

yet a lot of people recommend

palemoon (based on firefox) :-  http://www.palemoon.org/

or

chrome:- https://www.google.com/chrome/

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 26 December 2014 - 09:55 PM.

Lucky123

Lucky123

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
You should try out Opera, Its one of the *best* browsers in my opinion.

LeonardKonrad

LeonardKonrad

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Why don't you try Google Chrome.

Just install and try. If feel bad uninstall. No harm.

I'm using Chrome and Firefox, both as required

Forerunner343

Forerunner343

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

I recommend Chrome, as I find that Firefox has too many add-ons. With Chrome, you can enable or disable your add-ons at will. You can also sign into Chrome with your Google account and personalize it from there. The way I see it, Chrome is the undisputed king of the browsers.

NaaYaa

NaaYaa

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

I was loyal to Opera for years, but now Chrome is my choice. Everything except IE -) works fine

Jame Griffin

Jame Griffin

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

I am using Mozilla Firefox :) Its is one of the best Browser :)

Zelna

Zelna

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

As I'm into website designing industry I have to work with almost all kinds of web browsers. But my personal favorite is Mozilla FireFox. It supports most of the website designing features and helps me with so many development tools.

Codercozz

Codercozz

GeekU Freshman

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

This is a matter of preference and depends on how well you know how to use all the functions of a browser. I prefer IE and Mozilla but I can also make them work and do just about whatever I like. Many people will say how bad IE is and I have never had any issues but it can be a big trouble if you do not have settings a certain way and are not always keeping updates on the extensions. Mozilla is the best in my opinion though. I feel that way because it can be fixed and users are always able to report bugs to address issue that are almost instantly fixed. Chrome I only have on my devices so I can see what my Web designs look like to users on that browser. I do not want Google to see or know what I am searching and also do not like how easily it gets hijacked. I am forever having to uninstall and reinstall on many of my customers computers because of how unstable Google can be.

Advertisements

Gman147

Gman147

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
It's about personal preference. I like Firefox, thought I used Chrome for a few years before making the switch.

You should try out Opera, Its one of the *best* browsers in my opinion.

The only thing I really liked about Opera was the Speed Dial, everything else was more or less the same as other browsers.

geekgirlcarrot

geekgirlcarrot

• Pip
  • 8 posts

I'm between Chrome and Mozilla. Mozilla used to be my preferred browser, but lately I'm using Chrome more and more. It's pretty much 50/50 with me atm

JackA

JackA

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I used Mozilla, Opera, Internet Explorer ( :spoton: ), but Google Chrome is my favorite.

Atomicwoman

Atomicwoman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Hi,

I am useing Mozilla, but slowly I am getting tried of the phrase 'a plug in has stopped working...." and the slowing down of my computer. I regularly empty browsing history and do the troublesuoot thing, but it gets annoying, so I wondered, what would be a better brower?

Thanks, J

The phrase 'a plug in has stopped working will appear een in another browser, for example, Chrome)) I like it but this error will follow you all your users journey)) 

Atomicwoman

Atomicwoman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

CHROME definitely