Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Online translation forums ?

• Please log in to reply

arcadiune

arcadiune

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi first timer here and being clueless about all things technical generally thought this would be a good forum to start.

I've several Ukrainian friends who can't speak English much, and keep wishing there was a better way to chat online like these standard types of forums on here but using our own languages each time rather than Google Translate etc., which are all ok but very slow. This is because you have to keep deleting each translation every time to enter your reply, meaning you can't refer back to the original topic if you forget what someone's just said.

Be a real moneyspinner if someone could come up with something....!!

Thanks in advance :-)

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Use this plugin.

https://addons.mozil...don/translator/

Highlight any text and translate. You can go back to any part of conversation and translate, this can be used in conjunction with google translate making things a bit easier.

Edited by rockmilk, 28 December 2014 - 01:47 PM.

arcadiune

arcadiune

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Sounds great many thanks.

As I also build forums along the same lines as this one, any way this Add-on could somehow be seamlessly integrated into one or would it always have to be in a separate browser window ?

In other words exactly as we're doing on this thread now, yet neither of us able to speak the other's language....?

Thanks again :)

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Not sure about that, I just use it when I need to translate logs, and I figured it might help you.

arcadiune

arcadiune

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Ok thanks anyway pity.

Much appreciate anyone else's thoughts on this as it ought to be a huge world market particularly for those who can't speak English, one of the world's most spoken languages.... :)

arcadiune

arcadiune

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Just discovered that loads of Google languages are available for all nationalities to discuss I'm pretty sure the same topic in their own language such as Russian, Maori, Irish, Japanese and many, many more by right clicking and/ or highlighting "S3 Translate selected text" or "Translate the page" on the forum page itself.

Incredible just what I was looking for and the translations are pretty good as well.

Thanks for your input rockmilk and a Happy New Year to all ! :)

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

You welcome. :)