Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Change Windows 7 Folder Icons

Windows7 Vista Folders icons

• Please log in to reply

Chris199

Chris199

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey, guys!

I`m a Vista user.Also I do like to make some cool nature and people photos in my free time. As a result i have an ocean of folders and stuff on my computer. And vista actually offers kinda annoying folder icons and sometimes it literally makes me fell uncomfortable to find the folder with the document I need now.
Do u, guys, have any ideas how to make thing better? It would be brialliant if u can help me. :geek:

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

You can make your own icons. Get any image you want from google images.

Upload it here.

http://image.online-.../convert-to-ico

Save the .ico somewhere you wish then right click any folder on your desktop and select properties customize change icon select the file location to the .ico you just created.

New icon. If these instructions are not good enough, please let me know I will provide better easier, as I am on phone right now....

kevindav

kevindav

• Pip
  • 7 posts

You can make your own icons. Get any image you want from google images.

Upload it here.

http://image.online-.../convert-to-ico

Save the .ico somewhere you wish then right click any folder on your desktop and select properties customize change icon select the file location to the .ico you just created.

New icon. If these instructions are not good enough, please let me know I will provide better easier, as I am on phone right now....

Thanks a lot! U helped me so much!

kevindav

kevindav

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey, guys!

I`m a Vista user.Also I do like to make some cool nature and people photos in my free time. As a result i have an ocean of folders and stuff on my computer. And vista actually offers kinda annoying folder icons and sometimes it literally makes me fell uncomfortable to find the folder with the document I need now.
Do u, guys, have any ideas how to make thing better? It would be brialliant if u can help me. :geek:

To customize menu to your own needs use programs like Folder marker. Then you can add new menu items, categories, add new icons and so on…

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Thanks a lot! U helped me so much!

You are most welcome. :)