Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

should i beable to run Minecraft modpacks?

• Please log in to reply

bobby101

bobby101

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Hi i recently upgraded my gpu to a asus gt 730 1gb and when playing vanilla minecraft i have 160-180 fps with just under ultra settings however when using Technic laucher or feed the beast mod packs(hexxit,ftb-lite) my fps is like 40fps and when moving drops to 15-20 and i still get this low fps when putting setting lowest.

My specs:

Cpu(apu) -  amd radeon a4 3420 with radeon graphics

Gpu - asus nvidia geforce gt 730 1gb

Ram - 4gb

should i be able to run these mod packs??

Edited by bobby101, 30 December 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Advertisements

anthonybugg

anthonybugg

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

I would honestly get more RAM, and possibly upgrade your CPU (Not really needed), Minecraft sets aside RAM usage for different things and I would have to say the game is highly dependent on 8 GB of ram. Getting a RAM upgrade is cheap and will be worth it in the long run. To answer your question yes you would be able to run it, but you would have to lower you Minecraft settings or use a FPS increaser like optifine.