Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build

• Please log in to reply

veo_darkness13

veo_darkness13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I'm looking to purchase my first build and my list has gotten to this so far -

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice CPU
Western Digital 80gig SATA 7200rpm hard drive
1 gig Corsair PC3200 RAM 184 pin [512 x 2]
XFX 6600GT Video Card PCIe16
Aspire 520watt Power Supply [pre-sleeved]
Black Thermaltake Armor Steel Case [with 4 fans]

I'm not much of an overclocker, and totalled the price comes to $898.44 [some parts from Newegg, some from MWave, and then a $10.00 MWave discount]. Cd-roms and the such aren't a big deal, I have plenty lying in my current computer... Any suggestions or comments are completely appreciated...

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
looks good :tazz:

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Should be fine...you might wanna look for a new motherboard,, nothing wrong with the one you have, im just a bigger fan of ASUS or ABIT because they are more reliable and have a better reputation- great system :tazz:

killingalchemy

killingalchemy

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I've heard good things about DFI Lanpartys.
hmmm I'm not a fan of Western Digital. I'm putting a Seagate Barracuda in my new build.
good choice of video card :tazz: I'm putting the same one in mine ;) except mine is a Gigabyte.. not XFX.
I wish I had enough money for a PSU like that... but for now I'm using the stock 420watt Raidmax that came in my case... but I'll eventually change it out.

Edited by killingalchemy, 12 June 2005 - 03:04 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah the motherboard is good but if you dont overclock it isnt the best, you might want to cheeck out the fatality board for sli it is a good board and comes with alot of nice extras for the sli model.
I would check out the gigabyte 6600GT that was the one i was going to get before i changed my mind about getting an x800. You might want a bigger hard drive the price difference between a 80 and 160 gig is nothin when you are spendin that kinda money.