Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Games crash when i try to open them and they also crash sound driver

• Please log in to reply

Ren12

Ren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

http://gyazo.com/f04...467b3e8fa5f6abb

my attempt at uninstalling it. Which also happened last time as well. 

Edit: it's also stuck now as well just like before. Task manager wont end process and If I reboot it will likely prevent me from being able to log in again so its gonan force me to go to safe mode. 

Edited by Ren12, 27 January 2015 - 11:29 PM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Can you right click on the file and select Properties then Security?  Click on Advanced then Owner and take ownership of the file then close the box.  Reopen it to Security and click on Edit and add a new user called everyone.  Check name.  Give Everyone full Control.

Ren12

Ren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

On the security tab it already has Everyone and the full control is checked. 

On advanced-owner I tried both options and they both didn't work. Says acess denied when im trying to terminate the uninstaller.

how is it possible that something as simple as a logitech software is causing problems :/

Edited by Ren12, 28 January 2015 - 02:40 PM.

Ren12

Ren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I can't even run an OTL scan cuz for some reason I can't access anything on my desktop. I think i need to restore to previous. 

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Usually when it starts acting like this the disk is corrupt and a disk check will fix it.

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check. C:
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Check both boxes and then click Start.
You will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, but don't restart yet.

Right click on (My) Computer and select Manage (Continue) Then the Event Viewer. Next select Windows Logs.  Right click on System and Clear Log, Clear. Repeat for Application. Reboot. The disk check will run and will probably take an hour or more to finish.

Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.  Then type (with an Enter after each line).

sfc /scannow

(SPACE after sfc.  This will check your critical system files. Does this finish without complaint?  IF it says it couldn't fix everything then:

Copy the next two lines:

findstr  /c:"[SR]"  \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log  >  \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 
notepad \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue.  Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter if notepad does not open.  Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply.  Close nOtepad.  Close the Command Window.

1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:

* System
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
* Error
* Warning

Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:

1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.

Ren12

Ren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Same thing happened as before. When i restart it wouldn't start up and told me that the log in wouldn't work. 

I had to do system restore once again to get it back working. But my windows explorer also crashed before and it removed all desktop icons and as before, i can't access my desktop  http://gyazo.com/7bf...514d98b5f3c841a

I think i might need to restore even further? But there are no further restore points i can choose from.  i can't access a lot of personal files like music and pictures and its also telling me that desktop doesn't exist. I tried to restore again but it wouldn't work.  

I'll refrain from trying to remove logitech for now unless i can find an alternative that works. My computer is worse now than it was before though and whats worse i can't even restore it like it was before. 

Edited by Ren12, 03 February 2015 - 03:23 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

It sounds to me like your login may not be working because it can't find the profile.  If that happens it logs you in OK but creates a dummy profile for you with clean desktop.  Your old desktop is still there but you can't see it.  To access the files on your desktop, right click on he start ball and select Open Windows Explorer then click on Local Disk (C:).  Look in the right pane and click on Users then look for your usual login name and click on it.  The Desktop should be there tho you might not be allowed to see it.

What caused this latest screwup?  Did the Check disk do it or did trying to remove Logitech?

Ren12

Ren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

It sounds to me like your login may not be working because it can't find the profile.  If that happens it logs you in OK but creates a dummy profile for you with clean desktop.  Your old desktop is still there but you can't see it.  To access the files on your desktop, right click on he start ball and select Open Windows Explorer then click on Local Disk (C:).  Look in the right pane and click on Users then look for your usual login name and click on it.  The Desktop should be there tho you might not be allowed to see it.

What caused this latest screwup?  Did the Check disk do it or did trying to remove Logitech?

none of that happened. I couldn't log in at all. I had to a safe mode and then restore to a previous point, which would then open my desktop.

Latest screw up was trying (well both screw ups) to uninstall logitech and denying me access when i was trying to terminate the process (since it froze on both occasions). So i reboot comptuer and it wont allow me to log in, which is why I restored to previous.  I also tried to open up a music file which then crashed my windows explorer my desktop looks like this http://gyazo.com/875...9e2d267e6cff2cd     i cant restore it any further and also half of my files i can't restore. 

I found desktop on local C but files are empty. 

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

It sounds like your hard drive is dying.  Try the disk check and see if that helps.

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check. C:
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Check both boxes and then click Start.
You will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, but don't restart yet.

Right click on (My) Computer and select Manage (Continue) Then the Event Viewer. Next select Windows Logs.  Right click on System and Clear Log, Clear. Repeat for Application. Reboot. The disk check will run and will probably take an hour or more to finish.

Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.  Then type (with an Enter after each line).

sfc /scannow

(SPACE after sfc.  This will check your critical system files. Does this finish without complaint?  IF it says it couldn't fix everything then:

Copy the next two lines:

findstr  /c:"[SR]"  \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log  >  \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 
notepad \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue.  Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter if notepad does not open.  Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply.  Close nOtepad.  Close the Command Window.

1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:

* System
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
* Error
* Warning

Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:

1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.

Ren12

Ren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

is this all a result of logitech? will i ever be able to retrieve files from this? everything seemed to be okay till i tried to unisntall logitech. 

also, your link gives a 404 error. 

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

If the hard drive is messed up then anything you do can screw up something else.  It may not be logitech that is the bad guy.

Sorry about the link try:

http://images.malwar...om/vino/VEW.exe

Ren12

Ren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
sfc scan says no integrity violations were detected. 

Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows 2008 in English
Report run at 03/02/2015 11:30:47 PM

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'System' Log - Critical Type
'System' Log - Error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 04/02/2015 1:03:49 AM
Type: Error Category: 0
Event: 7011 Source: Service Control Manager
A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Wlansvc service.

'System' Log - Warning Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 04/02/2015 1:03:44 AM
Type: Warning Category: 0
Event: 1014 Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client
Name resolution for the name wpad.home timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 04/02/2015 1:03:43 AM
Type: Warning Category: 0
Event: 1014 Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client
Name resolution for the name wpad.home timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Did your desktop come back?  Can you make a system restore point?

Would you like me to tell FRST to remove Logitech like it was a virus?

Ren12

Ren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

It's not back to normal. I already did a diskcheck when I did the last restart. could you link FRST again? I don't have any of the programs I downloaded anymore. i've done disk check twice so far i highly doubt it will fix anything anymore unless you highly recommend me I do it again. But it didn't do anything last time. 

Edited by Ren12, 04 February 2015 - 01:32 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Run VEW and let's see if we have any useful errors.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.