Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two irritating problems - help please (MS Outlook)

• Please log in to reply

Louise's Dad

Louise's Dad

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Hi All

I have Windows 8.1 on my PC and use Outlook (2003) for my email. I had a bit of an issue recently which resulted in my PC having to be mucked about with but all is fine now....almost.

Problem 1

If I want to send an email (and this worked before it was mucked about with) I could type in the 'To' box say 'T' and a selection of email addresses would appear, I could click one and it would automatically be placed in the 'To' box. Now, although I get the email suggestions, any clicking automatically deletes the address and I am left with e.g. 'T' - I have checked for 'automatically suggest addresses' and that is checked

Problem 2

(This did not work before) - I use Google Chrome as my default browser and once upon a time (on a previous PC) it would happily offer to save passwords and fill in forms and remember me, but it does not now - any ideas? I did try checking various boxes but it seems as if 8.1 likes to ignore what I want and does its own thing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rob

Advertisements

anthonybugg

anthonybugg

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Before actually fixing this issue, may I suggest not using outlook? It has many different problems with any latest versions of Windows 8, and 8.1. I would really try to get comfortable with another email provider.

Louise's Dad

Louise's Dad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Hi thanks for the suggestion but at the moment that is what I am going to use (i don't have the energy to use something else and all the rubbish that comes with that, I am too old!)

Rob

anthonybugg

anthonybugg

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Hi thanks for the suggestion but at the moment that is what I am going to use (i don't have the energy to use something else and all the rubbish that comes with that, I am too old!)

Rob

No clue how to fix issue one, but to fix issue two with the autofill info I would suggest going into Google Chrome, click the three lined bars at the top right, click history, click on clear history or something like that and check every single box (keep in mind this will sign you out of every site so if you don't remember a password to something I would suggest figuring out how to recover it before you do what I told you) then once every box is checked, select clear or whatever box is at the bottom.

Louise's Dad

Louise's Dad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I'm more concerned with issue 1 but thanks for your suggestion